cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unittmj
Advocate

Re: now tv remote doesnt work

I am having the same problem !! I have 2 now TV boxes and have recently purchased another, the box itself works but not the remote ( I have had to use the remote from my other box ) which is a pain and inconvnience as ones upstairs and ones down .How do i get a new remote ?

0 Thanks
PaulNorman
Expert 2

@unittmj wrote:

I am having the same problem !! I have 2 now TV boxes and have recently purchased another, the box itself works but not the remote ( I have had to use the remote from my other box ) which is a pain and inconvnience as ones upstairs and ones down .How do i get a new remote ?

Remotes are not available to purchase separately so I'm guessing you will need to send the box back for a complete replacement.

Contact live support.

0 Thanks
Rich-L
Elite 2

Hi unittmj,

Sorry to hear about the faulty remote.

Please contact an agent on Live Chat, they will be able to look into ordering you a replacement remote.

Hope that helps.

Kindest regards,

The NOW TV Team

kimmmmmmmml
Advocate

I am having the same problems, I have just tried setting up my box but the remote doesn't work. I have removed all the wrapping, changed the batteries, tried moving right in front of the box etc. I've read a lot in the forums to go to live chat but I can't find that option anywhere on this site, and every link that has been posted doesn't take me to live chat or an email address of someone who can actually sort my issue. I'm getting quite frustrated now.

0 Thanks
Rich-L
Elite 2

Hi kimmmmmmml,

We're sorry to hear this.

If you purchased your NOW TV box directly from us then please do contact on live chat or by email, where an adviser will be able to look into getting you a new remote.

If you purchased your NOW TV box from a 3rd party, then please contact the retailer you purchased it from.

Hope that helps.

Kindest regards,

Rich

The NOW TV Team 

0 Thanks
milliek
Mentor

HI, I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS TRYING TO TALK TO A CARE LINE PERSON AT
NOWTV.

WE GOT THE REMOTES GOING BY SMARTLY TAPPING THEM ON YOUR KNEE.
IT REALLY DOES WORK.

I MANAGED TO SPEAK TO A CARELINE PERSON RECENTLY ABOUT A DIFFERENT ISSUE
AND MANAGED TO FIND THEM THROUGH THE 'MY ACCOUNT HELP' IN THE NOWTV MONTHLY
NEWSLETTER EMAIL.

ALSO I FOUND THAT SCROLLING THROUGH THE REPLIES LEFT THROUGHOUT THE FORUM
IF YOU FIND AN OFFICIAL REPLY JUST CLICK ON THAT LINK.

HOPEFULLY THIS MIGHT HELP.

flibblesan Legend 5
Legend 5

I had remote issues that ended up being caused by the batteries that came with the unit. Once I switched them for some new Duracell the remote has worked fine for almost a year. 

----
Community member trying to help other members out. If you found my post helpful then please click the give kudos button below. thank you 🙂

Currently watching Now TV through Xbox One & Asus Nexus Player. Happy to help with questions regarding these.
0 Thanks

My remote control is not working and I have changed the batteries but can't find where to email NowTv about this!
0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Stephen-L
NOW TV Team

Hi @charlottesarahk 

I'm very sorry to hear that there's an issue with your NOW TV Box remote.

A member of the team will be in touch shortly via email.

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

0 Thanks
pethead65 Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi

For anyone stuck without a working remote there is a remote control app for Android & iOS products available for free which works pretty well as a temporary measure.

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!