cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv remote doesnt work

Ok I have setup the box and it comes on fine. Then when it comes to the setup the remote just doesn't work at all the box isn't reading it either, tried resetting, moving the box closer, nothing is blocking it so yh I'm stuck
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there muzza209,

We're sorry you're experiencing this! How frustrating!

Are the batteries died or not made it?

Have you turned everything off and tried again?

If so you might actually need another remote. Annoying but we'll have to get this sorted so if all above has failed, I have sent you a private message so we can check over your account and resolve this for you.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I had the same problem, hit the remote of the table and worked perfectly haha thanks!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another dead remote here, confirmed will send me another on Live Chat. Not a very good QA for so many to be dead. I know the box is cheap but still expect it to work!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my remote doesn't work. i've down loaded 1 from the app store and thats working but i need a new remote how do i get 1 please? ive tried to fill the online form in but it won't send

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible to use any other type of remote with NOWTV Box?

I bought 4 nowtv boxes with 3 month pass, have been back to Argos twice returning 3 boxes because remotes would not work at all except for one box.

managed to get the others working eventually by jiggling around with the battery contacts, this was necessary as the boxes are in extremely short supply only 1 or 2 at various ARGOS SHOPS spread over a wide area and involving much travelling.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would be nice if we could buy the remotes separately at some point soon, as they look easily damaged..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi not sure if I am writing in the right section.

I bought my Now TV about 3 weeks ago. Has been perfect until 3 days ago remote stopped working - randomly.

Have bought new batteries and tried those from other devices which do work so deffo the remote has stopped working.

I do have the box and that but not sure about the receipt. If you check my account I only registered recently so hopefully you can see it is brand new.

Thanks.

(Your speed is much appreciated as I can't use anything 😞 )

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi TJwbu, 

You'll need to send us an email while signed into your account or come onto live chat so we can provide a replacement remote if purchased online from the NOW TV Store. If you purchased the box from a retailer then you'll need to go back to the store. 

Regards, 

Mo

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my remote is failing intermittently, ive replaced batteries and still its faulty. ive tried another Now Tv remote (from another box in the family) and it works fine, so its not the box!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi LeonChamp79.

Thanks for your post.

You'll need to send us an email while signed into your account or come onto live chat so we can provide a replacement remote if purchased online from the NOW TV Store. If you purchased the box from a retailer then you'll need to go back to the store.

King Regards

Adrian

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have this same issue and have reset the box, changed batteries and moved the box closer.

Please help NOW TV team.

Thanks