Did you mean: 
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: now tv remote doesnt work

@nickmo

Welcome to the forum.

You can buy a replacement remote from the Sky Store. The link is here

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

Although if you regularly have a cinema or entertainment pass, you'll probably find buying a new black NOW TV box with a bundle of passes works out cheaper than buying a new remote once you factor in the value of the passes you get with it.

Whilst you are sorting your remote out, if you have an Android or Apple phone/tablet you could download the official Roku app from the relevant App Store and use that to control your NOW TV box.

0 Thanks

I have been using the remote app on my phone which I had to update because it stopped working and because I updated it o have to reconnect to my box but my box isn't connected to wifi and my remote isn't working for the box so i can't reconnect it to wifi
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Charlleegilbert The Roku app is only adviced to be a temporary solution. You are better off purchasing a new remote using Andy's link just above your post. 🙂

They aren't expensive. 😉

If your box is white, the black remote will work with it.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Charlleegilbert,

Just-so-you-know... Retailers such as Currys, Argos and Amazon regularly offer the newer 'black' NOW TV boxes bundled together with multiple-month Movie or Entertainment voucher code passes, which often works out costing a lot less than the equivalent multiple monthly NOW TV subscription. I'm currently using the newest (and much faster) 'smart' NOW TV box which I managed to purchase on a similar offer.

In many cases this means that your new box ends up costing you nothing Smiley Wink

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Chrisb89
Advocate

Ok, I had similar issues after resetting my now smart tv box. Has anybody tried holding down the now tv button on their remote for about 5 secs? It apoeared to work for me!

Wendywoos
Advocate

Thank you... worked for me too. 👍🏻😁
0 Thanks
Philadelphia
Advocate

Ive bought 2 remotes in 3 months and both arent working .they work when i first turn my box on rhen after 5 mins the remote stops working
0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Philadelphia Welcome to the forum. If you have an iPhone try the NOW TV app on there, it can act as a remote for your box. If you have an Android phone you can try the Roku remote app instead.

Not sure why your box is behaving like that, but try a  forced software update to see if it helps (assuming the remote will work to let you do it).

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Philadelphia
Advocate

Thank you . I will try that . Thanks again.
0 Thanks
Rufus11
Advocate

I am experiencing this problem and I have changed batteries. Also I cannot use the remote app to change channels etc.
0 Thanks