cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv remote doesnt work

Ok I have setup the box and it comes on fine. Then when it comes to the setup the remote just doesn't work at all the box isn't reading it either, tried resetting, moving the box closer, nothing is blocking it so yh I'm stuck
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there muzza209,

We're sorry you're experiencing this! How frustrating!

Are the batteries died or not made it?

Have you turned everything off and tried again?

If so you might actually need another remote. Annoying but we'll have to get this sorted so if all above has failed, I have sent you a private message so we can check over your account and resolve this for you.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, I had similar issues after resetting my now smart tv box. Has anybody tried holding down the now tv button on their remote for about 5 secs? It apoeared to work for me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you... worked for me too. 👍🏻😁
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive bought 2 remotes in 3 months and both arent working .they work when i first turn my box on rhen after 5 mins the remote stops working
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. If you have an iPhone try the NOW TV app on there, it can act as a remote for your box. If you have an Android phone you can try the Roku remote app instead.

Not sure why your box is behaving like that, but try a  forced software update to see if it helps (assuming the remote will work to let you do it).

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you . I will try that . Thanks again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing this problem and I have changed batteries. Also I cannot use the remote app to change channels etc.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ha ha ha, I can't believe it. Tried everything possible, thought a tap on the knee can't hurt? It's only worked! I'm amazed. Thank you