cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv remote doesnt work

Ok I have setup the box and it comes on fine. Then when it comes to the setup the remote just doesn't work at all the box isn't reading it either, tried resetting, moving the box closer, nothing is blocking it so yh I'm stuck
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there muzza209,

We're sorry you're experiencing this! How frustrating!

Are the batteries died or not made it?

Have you turned everything off and tried again?

If so you might actually need another remote. Annoying but we'll have to get this sorted so if all above has failed, I have sent you a private message so we can check over your account and resolve this for you.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there muzza209,

We're sorry you're experiencing this! How frustrating!

Are the batteries died or not made it?

Have you turned everything off and tried again?

If so you might actually need another remote. Annoying but we'll have to get this sorted so if all above has failed, I have sent you a private message so we can check over your account and resolve this for you.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just recieved nowtv box remote doesnt work tried new batteries still know luck, send me another remote

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andysun73,

I have sent you a private message regarding the channels to connect to us for your issue.

Thanks a lot.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problems, I have just tried setting up my box but the remote doesn't work. I have removed all the wrapping, changed the batteries, tried moving right in front of the box etc. I've read a lot in the forums to go to live chat but I can't find that option anywhere on this site, and every link that has been posted doesn't take me to live chat or an email address of someone who can actually sort my issue. I'm getting quite frustrated now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi kimmmmmmml,

We're sorry to hear this.

If you purchased your NOW TV box directly from us then please do contact on live chat or by email, where an adviser will be able to look into getting you a new remote.

If you purchased your NOW TV box from a 3rd party, then please contact the retailer you purchased it from.

Hope that helps.

Kindest regards,

Rich

The NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
HI, I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS TRYING TO TALK TO A CARE LINE PERSON AT
NOWTV.

WE GOT THE REMOTES GOING BY SMARTLY TAPPING THEM ON YOUR KNEE.
IT REALLY DOES WORK.

I MANAGED TO SPEAK TO A CARELINE PERSON RECENTLY ABOUT A DIFFERENT ISSUE
AND MANAGED TO FIND THEM THROUGH THE 'MY ACCOUNT HELP' IN THE NOWTV MONTHLY
NEWSLETTER EMAIL.

ALSO I FOUND THAT SCROLLING THROUGH THE REPLIES LEFT THROUGHOUT THE FORUM
IF YOU FIND AN OFFICIAL REPLY JUST CLICK ON THAT LINK.

HOPEFULLY THIS MIGHT HELP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had remote issues that ended up being caused by the batteries that came with the unit. Once I switched them for some new Duracell the remote has worked fine for almost a year. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smiley Happy

yay! I can't believe it worked!  I've been frustrated for two days = I changed the batteries, turned tv nearer, moved nearer to tv, changed the hdmi cables around, even tried a spare remote - all to no luck.

Hope this keeps working 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yh I have resolved the issue via live chat they were really helpful and are sending me another remote