cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv remote doesnt work

Ok I have setup the box and it comes on fine. Then when it comes to the setup the remote just doesn't work at all the box isn't reading it either, tried resetting, moving the box closer, nothing is blocking it so yh I'm stuck
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there muzza209,

We're sorry you're experiencing this! How frustrating!

Are the batteries died or not made it?

Have you turned everything off and tried again?

If so you might actually need another remote. Annoying but we'll have to get this sorted so if all above has failed, I have sent you a private message so we can check over your account and resolve this for you.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you got the new nowtv smart box with the blue nowtv logo on the top of the box ?

If so, my smart box had the wrong serial number on the box outer packaging which i reported during the box trials.

You can find the correct box serial number by going into the box menu settings under system and "About".

Does the light on the front of the box flash each time your press the remote controller key ?

I am guessing live chat have asked you to try rebooting the box, also undertaking a hard factory reset by again going into the box menu settings and also trying a forced software update ?

Do you own a smart phone or tablet, if so maybe has a short term measure until the nowtv team can reslove your box problem is to download the free Roku remote controller app from your device app store ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

You can find the correct box serial number by going into the box menu settings under system and "About".

---------------------------------------

Difficult to do if the remote doesn't work.
Smiley Mad
Wlat
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, you are absolutely right, i must have been still half a sleep when i wrote that paragraph. Smiley Happy

Even though it's nearly Mid Day i am never the best in the Mornings. Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous User Try downloading the free Roku remote controller app, then go into the box menu settings, under system and About to double check your serial number.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I forgot to mention if you decide to download the Roku remote controller app onto your smart phone or tablet for the short term until you get the nowtv remote controller sorted, whatever you do don't undertake a Factory Reset on the box.

Unfortunately the Roku app will not be able to setup a nowtv box from initial setup after a factory reset (you would need a proper nowtv remote controller to setup the box again) so avoid a factory reset when your only option is the Roku app.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

If you bought the box form us it should indeed still be under the warranty, as you got it as part of the broadband bundle the best thing to do would be to speak with the broadband team on the phone, if you came through onto live chat it could be that you spoke to the team that deals with TV and as they use a slightly different system they might not of be able to see the order.

There shouldn't be any need to buy a new remote in this case.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have tried all of the steps recommended in resetting my white now tv box. The remote send to be the issue. It seems that this is a common problem, solved by the sending of a new remote. Hire can I get a new one please?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You can buy a replacement remote from the Sky Store. The link is here

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

Although if you regularly have a cinema or entertainment pass, you'll probably find buying a new black NOW TV box with a bundle of passes works out cheaper than buying a new remote once you factor in the value of the passes you get with it.

Whilst you are sorting your remote out, if you have an Android or Apple phone/tablet you could download the official Roku app from the relevant App Store and use that to control your NOW TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been using the remote app on my phone which I had to update because it stopped working and because I updated it o have to reconnect to my box but my box isn't connected to wifi and my remote isn't working for the box so i can't reconnect it to wifi
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Roku app is only adviced to be a temporary solution. You are better off purchasing a new remote using Andy's link just above your post. 🙂

They aren't expensive. 😉

If your box is white, the black remote will work with it.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... Retailers such as Currys, Argos and Amazon regularly offer the newer 'black' NOW TV boxes bundled together with multiple-month Movie or Entertainment voucher code passes, which often works out costing a lot less than the equivalent multiple monthly NOW TV subscription. I'm currently using the newest (and much faster) 'smart' NOW TV box which I managed to purchase on a similar offer.

In many cases this means that your new box ends up costing you nothing Smiley Wink