cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv remote doesnt work

Ok I have setup the box and it comes on fine. Then when it comes to the setup the remote just doesn't work at all the box isn't reading it either, tried resetting, moving the box closer, nothing is blocking it so yh I'm stuck
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there muzza209,

We're sorry you're experiencing this! How frustrating!

Are the batteries died or not made it?

Have you turned everything off and tried again?

If so you might actually need another remote. Annoying but we'll have to get this sorted so if all above has failed, I have sent you a private message so we can check over your account and resolve this for you.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Got me a new black box a week ago, watched about an hour of TV on it and it was fine - unplugged it afterwards. Just went to re-use and my remote is completely unresponsive, I get nothing whatsoever Smiley Frustrated

Any ideas or is it just faulty, if so what's the drill. I bought it online from ShopTo so do I have to send the whole thing back? I've already activated the 3 month Entertainment voucher that came with it...

Thanks.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Any ideas or is it just faulty, if so what's the drill. I bought it online from ShopTo so do I have to send the whole thing back? I've already activated the 3 month Entertainment voucher that came with it...

Sufficed to say, if your box is actually faulty your purchase contract is with the vendor (ShopTo), so you'll have to send it back to them for a replacement device. And they will have to cover the postage Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply mate, it's actually working okay atm. Could it have been anything to do with the micro SD I had connected to it at the time?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Could it have been anything to do with the micro SD I had connected to it at the time?

Hmmm...

If you're fiddling about with the box. Anything could happen. It's a good job they're so cheap to buy Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My nowtv remote has stopped working!
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

• Does the light on the box flicker when trying to use the remote?
  • Also, how far away from the box are you using the remote?
  • A silly question but have you changed the batteries?

Also, see Andy's response or if you have an iPhone/Android you can download the roku remote app. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's when I am on the Spotify app that it doesn't work properly
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that helps?

You can also see if you need to update the app here

Also, see this post:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/Spotify-app-unusable/m-p/340225#M30532

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Also, don't follow the reboot advice on that post just yet as there is an issue at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My remote has stopped working.

I have only had my now box for 5 weeks.

I have tried replacing the battery 3 times and it will work intermitally but give up after a matter of seconds which is extremely frustrating!

I have had contact with 3 different people at live chat (last night) and wasted 2 hours explaining my problem over and over.

I have been told that the following things which are not correct:

1. I did not buy the box from them (I did as I have the TV, internet and telephone and all was sent via post 5 weeks ago)
  2. That the serial number on the box is incorrect and unknownI feel that absolutely no one was capable of dealing with my simple issue and the customer care and support is appalling.
  3. I have sent a number of emails last night and this morning and heard nothing back also.
  4. I was then told that I would have to purchase a remote from the sky site which I find totally unreasonable as I have been sold faulty goods. Also the remote can take 7 days to arrive?