cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv remote doesnt work

Ok I have setup the box and it comes on fine. Then when it comes to the setup the remote just doesn't work at all the box isn't reading it either, tried resetting, moving the box closer, nothing is blocking it so yh I'm stuck
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there muzza209,

We're sorry you're experiencing this! How frustrating!

Are the batteries died or not made it?

Have you turned everything off and tried again?

If so you might actually need another remote. Annoying but we'll have to get this sorted so if all above has failed, I have sent you a private message so we can check over your account and resolve this for you.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Follow the steps on this help page to check the warranty on the box

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

You could also check with live chat, they might be able to help you. To reach live chat go to the following help page and click the Contact Us button at the bottom of it

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

In the meantime if you have an Android or iPhone you can download the official Roku remote app to control your box. If you end up needing a replacement remote it's almost as cheap to buy a new box, so you might want to go down that route (second hand boxes without passes can be picked up on eBay or from CeX, or with passes from NOW TV, Argos, Currys, large supermarkets etc)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
HELLO EVERYBODY I HAD PROBLEM WITH REMOTE IN 2013 WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT NOWTV
BOX.
TAKING THE ADVICE FROM ANOTHER USER OF BANGING REMOTE ON KNEE CERTAINLY
WORKED
AND WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL SINCE THEN.
MY ONLY ISSUE WITH NOWTV IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT BUT AN IMPORTANT
ONE FOR ALL HARD OF HEARING CUSTOMERS IS WHY AREN'T PROGRAMMES AND FILMS
SUBTITLED ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE SUBTITLED ON DVD AND TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem - intermittent fault with remote - it was gift so I've no receipts etc. but it's only a few months old.

Solved for now by sharply tapping as suggested by another post (thank you!) - but I'm not confident that solution will stand the test of time -  it looks like there's a batch of remotes with a manufacturing fault (bad soldering?).

Tip for anyone who's not sure if their remote's at fault: you can see the IR flashing by looking at the remote using a digital camera in a darkened room.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
hi don't worry as our remotes have been perfect for 16 months now since we
solved problem by tapping.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

My now tv remote doesn't work I've tried everything from changing the batteries  etc.

Can you please send me another control.

regards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.  Whilst your waiting for a replacement remote, you can download the Roku remote app for free for both Android & iOS devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my remote has stopped working too, changed batteries, still nothing. How do I get a new one?
Thank you
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can buy a replacement remote from the Sky Store. The link is here

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

if your box is still under warranty (12 months) you could return it to the store you bought it from or, if you bought direct from the NOW TV website go here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

Whilst you are sorting your remote out, if you have an Android or Apple phone/tablet you could download the official Roku app from the relevant App Store and use that to control your NOW TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem here and getting really annoyed with now tv. Nothing but issues so far zed haven't even got connected yet.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that 😞

Can you elaborate on what exactly is the issue? Have you managed to set up your Box? Does the Box light flash and hear a sound when you press the buttons on your remote?

Birgit

NOW TV Team