cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv remote doesnt work

Ok I have setup the box and it comes on fine. Then when it comes to the setup the remote just doesn't work at all the box isn't reading it either, tried resetting, moving the box closer, nothing is blocking it so yh I'm stuck
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there muzza209,

We're sorry you're experiencing this! How frustrating!

Are the batteries died or not made it?

Have you turned everything off and tried again?

If so you might actually need another remote. Annoying but we'll have to get this sorted so if all above has failed, I have sent you a private message so we can check over your account and resolve this for you.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I get a new remote control please mine is not working so ive had to download the remote app. Ive been trying to sort this all dsy and I can't get any answers nor on twitter

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you visit this page http://help.nowtv.com/article/What-is-a-NOW-TV-Box at the bottom is a Contact Us link. Click this and the next page should have the option for Live Chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem !! I have 2 now TV boxes and have recently purchased another, the box itself works but not the remote ( I have had to use the remote from my other box ) which is a pain and inconvnience as ones upstairs and ones down .How do i get a new remote ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am having the same problem !! I have 2 now TV boxes and have recently purchased another, the box itself works but not the remote ( I have had to use the remote from my other box ) which is a pain and inconvnience as ones upstairs and ones down .How do i get a new remote ?

Remotes are not available to purchase separately so I'm guessing you will need to send the box back for a complete replacement.

Contact live support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi unittmj,

Sorry to hear about the faulty remote.

Please contact an agent on Live Chat, they will be able to look into ordering you a replacement remote.

Hope that helps.

Kindest regards,

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a USB Now tv and my remote doesn't work.  I tried the chatline but after saying the make of my remote they didn't get back.  What do I do?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There’s no such thing as a ‘USB NowTV‘. They are powered over USB, but connect by HDMI.

is it a Stick, plugs directly into an HDMI port on the TV? Or a box - white or black, small and round, or squarish and flat?

And they all come with a NowTV remote, so what do you mean by ‘make of remote’?

Are you trying to use a universal remote with it? If so, you may have more luck talking to the makers of that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya

Thanks for your response. A stick with a now tv remote.

Del

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did it ever work? Or is it that it worked before, and now doesn’t?

There are two functional area on the remote; the On/Off button at the top plus the up/down volume buttons on the right hand side; and everything else.

On/Off/volume+- work your TV by infra-red, and are set up separately from pairing the remote with the Stick by pressing the pairing button that is under the battery cover.

Did you set both aspects up originally? Which aspect(s) don’t work now? Have you tried new batteries?

Read the Help on pairing, and maybe try it again if it’s not the batteries worn out that is the problem. One or more of the three articles here may be relevant:-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/search/Pairing

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

my remote has stopped working - we've tried several new batteries and nothing.

how do i get a replacement? It was brought for me as a gift at Xmas so not very impressed how long its lasted but I havent receipts and nor does the purchaser.