cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv box won't connect to tv

hi i recently bought a now tv box it worked fine for 2 weeks then out of the blue just wont connect to my tv all I get is `no video available 'tried everything reset it tried different tv but nothing i did speak to some one on web chat who said they would e.mail me but havent yet any ideas as im paying for tv i cant watch Tia
6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Where did you purchase your NOW TV playback device from?

If you think it's malfunctioned, under the 'Sales of Goods Act' your first port of call is with the vendor. 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue the box keeps cutting out after advert breaks. The tv says check connection and have tried trouble shooting, resets, turning off and on again it plays perfectly for 20 minutes then wont work for an hour. I have only had the box running one week. This is rediculous
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Is that with one of the catch-up apps (ITV Player, All4, 5?) if so, I think most of us have experienced something similar in the past, All4 seems particularly susceptible on occasion. Unfortunately these are third-party apps so the way they stream is down to the individual providers rather than NOW TV. However usually the problem goes away after a day or two, you could also try rebooting your broadband router to see if it helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for that ironically it was all4! So probably that cheers for the
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are still having problems in a day or two post back, but it's usually intermittent issues on All4’s end and I usually find it randomly starts behaving itself again. As mentioned no harm in rebooting the router though, it might help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks andy will do hopefully should be fine now