cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

need more than one account?

how do a family watch tv at the same time in different rooms when you can only stream on 2 devices? it is becoming a who can get in and watch first competition. 

the boys have one in each in their room and we have one in the bedroom and there is one in the living room. DO i need to sign up for a new account and pay 2 fees so we can all watch now?  can i not just upgrade to get more devices like you can on other services? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

you would need another account to watch on more than 2 at the same time.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
ukbobboy
Legend

Daft/Silly reply

starman73
Elite

@ukbobboy wrote:

Does anybody really believe the following "numb-nuts" piece of ridiculous propaganda:

"If they didn't place a limit on the number of devices and the number of simultaneous viewers, you would be able to share your passes with everyone in the street or even everyone in the town!"

Not to that degree, but I can see the scope for a bit of sharing.  I have Now (3 accounts - movies, ents & sports), Amazon and Netflix along with GAAGo.  In effect I can have 12+ simultaneous streams and if a friend or family member wanted to watch something when I wasn't watching (like the Tipperary v Clare game as I was at the stadium) then I would let them.  

I can see the need to limit simultaneous streams, but restricting devices is a drag, especially the need to effectively use two devices for chromecast.  The Netflix model of 1,2 or 4 simultaneous streams with no need to select devices works well and is what Now should adopt even if they kept the number of streams down to 2.

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73

Hi Starman

I think we are on the same page, I do not believe in unlimited streams or unlimited devices for the money currently being charged, because that would open up the company to fraud.

I simply believe that Now TV should allow at least 4 simultaneous streams, at an extra cost (to be determined), so that families with more than two TVs and larger families can have the flexibility to watch whenever and whatever they want to.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whilst I appreciate the comments and help and I can see where people are coming from I just thought I would point out that this isn't about money if I wanted free TV I would have one of those Kodi boxes. It isn't about sharing it with the street or we would all be just splitting the costs and using everyones emails to set up new accounts. It's about the fact I have 2 kids who like to watch movies/tv in their bedroom when they go to bed which means I then have to switch off because we can't all watch at the same time.  It's about the fact I have to get another email address (which i know isn't hard) and manage another account and buy another set of passes for this new account. It's about the fact that movie pass x 2 plus entertainment pack x 2 amounts to probably a sky subscription. It's about the fact I can go to other providers who will let me stream on 3 or 4 devices for an additional cost. It's about the fact Ilike NOW and would like to stay with them. 

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with some of the comments.

1. most families could have up to 10 to 15 devices, we are a family of 5, have tv upstairs (bedroom), and downstairs and spare room linked to my NowTV. However most families have TV in each bedroom, they also have kids and adults who have mobile devices / Laptops as well as TV set top boxes. While I agree that there should be a limit. I believe 10 to 15 devices is reasonable request and should be managable by all. 

2. With 2 simultanious streams does not work for most families, and our house is a bit of a competition to see who can connect up first, maybe 4 or 5 concurrent streams is the number and even if NOW TV look at charging an extra £2 to £4 per month for this maybe the best way forward? I know I would pay for this. If it was an option to have no headaches as if streams are being used and you get the message saying that you are unable to watch your movie or box set this is a pain! We have to change to watch something on netflix or amazon 🙂  

What do you think NOW TV ? do you think this will ever happen?

As I would love this increase in streams for an additional cost.

starman73
Elite

@ukbobboy wrote:

@starman73

I simply believe that Now TV should allow at least 4 simultaneous streams, at an extra cost (to be determined), so that families with more than two TVs and larger families can have the flexibility to watch whenever and whatever they want to.

UK Bob 

Personally I think they should allow 2 streams per pass at no extra cost cos I can just have 3 passes (sport/movie/ents) on 3 accounts and have 6 simultanrous streams. I had to use a different account for the mobile sports pass as I already had 4 devices on my account with movies and ents. Oddly this archaic 4 devices also operates on Sky Store. I hadn't used it for a couple of years and had to swap an obsolete white box out to watch a film I paid for with the voucher I got when I bought my now TV stick. This was a 48 hour rental.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the reply.

do you know if i would need to have a second email address to  add the additional boxes to.

thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I have to buy 2 x entertainment and 2 x movies it is going to be extortionate.
starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:
If I have to buy 2 x entertainment and 2 x movies it is going to be extortionate.

It would make more sense to allow as many devices to watch at same time as long as no more than 2 are using the same pass

I have ended up with three accounts.  One with cinema, one with entertainment and one for sports as and when I need it.  I have Roku sticks and a Now TV sticks/boxes on three different TVs  and generally speaking there is never an issue even with three of us watching at the same time.  I just log out and in of one of the boxes when I want to watch sports.

Simple enough to set up three accounts as nameSport, nameEnt and nameMovie.  You can even set up a fourth as nameKids if needed.  That way you could stream to 8 devices at the same time!