cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

need more than one account?

how do a family watch tv at the same time in different rooms when you can only stream on 2 devices? it is becoming a who can get in and watch first competition. 

the boys have one in each in their room and we have one in the bedroom and there is one in the living room. DO i need to sign up for a new account and pay 2 fees so we can all watch now?  can i not just upgrade to get more devices like you can on other services? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

you would need another account to watch on more than 2 at the same time.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

you would need another account to watch on more than 2 at the same time.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

Although I am not personally affected by Zozster's problem I do agree that customers with more family members, than the old fashioned standard number, should be able to pay extra for the ability to watch more than two separate programs simultaneously.

I understand that under Now TV's current licensing agreement they are limited in what they can provide, however I do believe that this issue is far more important than any other "purely" technical feature being requested at the moment, e.g. 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

We can only hope that Now TV, and probably their parent company as well, understands that the "two only simultaneous usage" rule is no longer enough because a family household of four is no longer the "norm" in 2018. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been advised by Now that i need to set up another account with another email address and another set of passes. Looks like i wont be a Now customer for much longer. @Anonymous User you need to change this to compete with the likes of Netflix and Amazon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have been advised by Now that i need to set up another account with another email address and another set of passes.

If they didn't place a limit on the number of devices and the number of simultaneous viewers, you would be able to share your passes with everyone in the street or even everyone in the town!

It seems to me that a reasonable compromise would be to allow the same number of simultaneous users as the number of devices on the account ... which at the moment is 4.

Wlat

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have been advised by Now that i need to set up another account with another email address and another set of passes.

If they didn't place a limit on the number of devices and the number of simultaneous viewers, you would be able to share your passes with everyone in the street or even everyone in the town!

With Netflix you can have 1, 2 or 4 simultaneous streams on as many devices as you like.  Can't see why Now can't do similar.  Amazon only allows two simultaneous streams, but again on as many devices as you like.

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Guys

Does anybody really believe the following "numb-nuts" piece of ridiculous propaganda:

"If they didn't place a limit on the number of devices and the number of simultaneous viewers, you would be able to share your passes with everyone in the street or even everyone in the town!"

The person who thought up this "nonsense" must really think that Now TV customers are either gullible or stupid.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

@starman73 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Guys

Does anybody really believe the following "numb-nuts" piece of ridiculous propaganda:

"If they didn't place a limit on the number of devices and the number of simultaneous viewers, you would be able to share your passes with everyone in the street or even everyone in the town!"

The person who thought up this "nonsense" must really think that Now TV customers are either gullible or stupid.

UK Bob

Given how easy it is to buy a hacked Netflix accountants not really nonsense.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You said, "Given how easy it is to buy a hacked Netflix accountants not really nonsense".

What has that got to do with a family having either 2 or 4 simultaneous streams of Now TV viewing?

If someone is going to do something criminal then it doesn't matter what the rules/limitations are, criminals will do criminal stuff. However, that should not prevent a family of three or more enjoying their individual TVs.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Anonymous User

You said, "Given how easy it is to buy a hacked Netflix accountants not really nonsense".

What has that got to do with a family having either 2 or 4 simultaneous streams of Now TV viewing?

If someone is going to do something criminal then it doesn't matter what the rules/limitations are, criminals will do criminal stuff. However, that should not prevent a family of three or more enjoying their individual TVs.

UK Bob

Whatever, keep on trolling