cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

multi user

If I buy another box to use in the spare room can i use the same account details or will i have to pay two monthly passes to use?

7 REPLIES 7
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You can have up to 4 devices for one account. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
​I thought that meant laptops phones tablets etc, my tv in spare room is
not a smart tv so would need another box to plug in and wondered if this
would recognise an existing account.
Thanks​
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You can buy a new box, when you set the box it will ask for your username and password, just enter the same username and password you use already and the box will pick up any passes you already have and let you watch them. The new box will count as one of the four devices you can have on your account, so if you already have four devices on your account you will need to remove one of them first.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
​Thanks that's great
cheers​
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

You could even buy yourself a swanky new LG 'smart' television, which comes with the NOW TV app pre-installed. Currently the only TV manufacturer to do so 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy, Legend 4, I have been reading your replies to the communities queries and feel you might be able to help. We have a Now TV Smart Box in our spare room down stairs and enjoy it. we would like to have the same facility upstairs, Your have said to others to buy a new box and install entering their unser account details they already have from their account. The position we are in is that when we bought our box, we also bought one for our daughter to put in the grand-daughters bedroom, they haven`t got on with it and are now changing to Multiroom with the supplier they are with and have offered the box back to us to put upstairs. My question is will it work, as my daughter has an account  to make the box working at her home. Are the accounts for the person or the box. If we connected the box to the TV upstairs will it ask us for our details or will it still have the daughters. Many thanks for your assistance. Keep up the good work. 

Nick132

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind words! Sounds like the box will be set up with your daughter's account, but it's easy enough to change this.

When you get the box back, just connect it up to your TV and from the homescreen go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset and enter the 4 digit code shown on screen. The box will then factory reset itself and you'll be able to set it up just as if it was a brand new box, entering your wifi details and your NOW TV account details etc.

I don't think you'll have any problems, but if you do you can always post back. All the best!