cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dal2
Advocate

Nowtv won't connect to local internet

I have tried the trouble shooting and turning box and router off and back on and it still won't work it's annoying me now because I have activated my free pass code and the stupid thing still won't work so now my free pass is wasted. I still keep getting error code 014 

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Nowtv won't connect to local internet

@Dal2

Have you tried the information contained on this help guide article linked below ?

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Also who is your ISP and what is your Router model ?

0 Thanks
Alexa1
Observer

Re: Error code 014.12 when trying to conect to WIFI

I am now getting exactly the same symptoms as many people on this forum, I too have tried reboots, resets and even a hard factory reset as well as disabling ping. None of this has worked even though the box is seeing a very strong signal (it is as close to the router as possible which is about 2 metres from the router!) yet still the box cannot connect.

I am now going to fix this by cacelling my subscription and throwing the box away

Thanks for nothing Sky, you seem to have broken a lot of peoples boxes somehow

0 Thanks
criddler66
Advocate

Re: error code 014

have just had this problem and now fixed.

it appears to be a cliche with the nowtv box.

set up a mobile hotspot with your mobile phone.

when the box reconises your phone connect to it to do all the updates.

when the box has finished all updates. it will then connect to your wireless router.

then dont forget to turn the mobile hotspot off on your phone.

this was given to me in a email from the tecies at now tv.

NOW TV Team Ruchira-J
NOW TV Team

Re: Error code 014.12 when trying to conect to WIFI

@Alexa1Hi, Sorry you feel this way. 😞

Error 014 is observed when the router cannot recognize the box due to set on different channel frequency, we have emailed you requesting for more information and a few steps to try. Could you please get back to us. 

Thanks.

0 Thanks
kjb4

Re: Error 014.50 cannot connect to local network

hello i too have the 014.50 erroe message and cant make it work. I have checked the wifi and the broadband provider. when on now tv for netwrok settings I get agreen tick for the wifi but red cross for the local network. please can you help

Rob-T
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Error 014.50 cannot connect to local network

Hi @kjb4

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues getting started on the box.

Can you confirm who provides your internet for us?

Do you have a smart phone and if so which model?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Davewest2867
Advocate

Re: NowTV box will not connect to local network?

Car to get my now TVs box to work saying no single but all. Other devices are working

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NowTV box will not connect to local network?

@Davewest2867

NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is any news.

In the meantime I'd recommend not doing anything to the box.

0 Thanks
Garbo
Advocate

Re: error code 014

My box gets as far as identifying my wireless network (which is showing a strong signal) but can't identify my local network and gives me error code 014. I've turned my router on and off and done both soft and hard resets but to no avail. Help!

0 Thanks