cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

just tried that now carnt find network 

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is currently a software bug with the current NowTV box software which means the box is unable to detect access points using Wi-Fi channels 12 and 13. The box is still able to detect access points using Wi-Fi channels 1 to 11.

You most likely need to go into your router settings and change your Wi-Fi channel to one that the now TV box can see. Now TV are working on a fix for this issue, but in order to get that fix when it comes out. You will need to be able to connect your box to the Internet. So you will have to change the Wi-Fi channel.

If you cannot change your Wi-Fi channel in your router settings . Please post in here and answer the three questions asked by @Anonymous User 

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm getting error code 014 even though I have disabled ping. Please help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've had issues setting up your box. Can I ask if you're IP is Virgin? If so the suggestions given above can help. 

Are you having any difficulties watching on any other devices in your house?

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my internet is fine i have started a new now tv account on my laptop but i need my tv working why wont it connect to the internet

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've had such trouble trying to connect your NOW TV Box. Can you first play out on your laptop for a few minutes and then try on your box. You say you have error 2014 do you mean 014?

Regards

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am still trying to watch now tv on my tv and i cant can someone help me its taken 4 hours

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd love to read that page but it is 404

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
I am having the same problem with a new box and error code 014

I have followed the forum thread and tried all instructions, including disabling pings, resetting the box and router, moving the box closer to the router, checking the passwords, checking the IP address etc etc.

I have a chrome cast in another room which works fine, but my NowTV box sitting next to my router doesn't.

Is there anything else left to try

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User a Virgin Hub by any chance? Worth enabling the guest wifi option on it and trying to connect the NowTV box to that access point instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestion. Have been through the Virgin guide and added guest wifi, but sadly still same error

Any other potential solutions?

Thanks
Dan