cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmBee
Mentor

Re: NowTV box will not connect to local network?

Char-A,

Tried all these and more since post. Reset router to factory settings, altered security settings etc.

It is a bit of  a nightmare, round  and around din circles with no solution, meantime my passes are running down on time with no use being made of them.

Question is if faulty, why is it working when connected to my son's iPhone?

Also, please confirm like to online Chat or has the service been removed, because I can't find it where described in the help section, no options come up for Chat.

I would like to hear your answers but if you can send a new box meantime.

Thanks.

Tricky4amit
Mentor

TRY THIS, IT WORKED FOR ME

Do you get error code 14? If you do then you can try the following which may resolve the problem:

Using the Now TV box remote, press the following buttons in order:

Home Button 5 times
FF 1 time
Play 1 time
RW 1 time
Play 1 time
FF 1 time

In the menu that appears select 'Disable network pings'

EmBee
Mentor

Thanks Tricky4amit,

Tried all these about 40times over the week hoping that something will click one time.

No joy apart from connecting via phone which is not practicable and was only done as a trial.

Can I ask Now if the new box had been dispatched please?
0 Thanks
Aylin-A
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi EmBee,

Thanks for your post. Please allow up to 5 working days for delivery of a NOW TV box. Once the box is dispatched you will be emailed with a tracking code.

Thanks,

Aylin

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
EmBee
Mentor

Aylin, I was told on the 9th that a replacement box would be sent. So it should be with me by now. See email below.

Please confirm that it was sent on 9th.

I kept posting because i was continuing to try and get a fix while waiting on the new box.

Sent: 09 November 2013 20:05
To:
Subject: NOW TV - Re: Your enquiry

Hi M,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

I have ordered a new NOW TV box to be sent to you. Please allow 3 - 5 working days fro delivery. Can you also please send back the faulty NOW TV with the return to sender label that was provided with the NOW TV box.

I apologise for any inconvenience you experienced.

Should you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

0 Thanks
Aaron-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Embee,

Thanks for contacting us.

When the box was reordered for you, you should have received a tracking number email to the address registered to your account. Try using this to see the status of your delviery.

If it has been returned to sender, you will need contact us via live chat.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
mumanddad
Advocate

unable to connect onto virgin super hub tried every thing error code 014 constantly,

cannot connect onto now tv through virgin super hub i ave tried every thing

every thing esle can connect wireless , the now tv is right next to the hub constantly

getting error code 014 , yes I have got more than 3 signal bars

the-nadger Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: unable to connect onto virgin super hub tried every thing error code 014 constantly,

I did find with my similar Roku LT that it wouldn't work with certain channels eg Ch9 that i had been using.

Just a thought.

Please click on Thanks if I've helped. I'm a Community Contributor not staff.

Re: unable to connect onto virgin super hub tried every thing error code 014 constantly,

Have you tried :

To move past this message, you’ll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Hi thanks for writing ur post it worked straight

away after an hour of turning router of and on massive help thank you very much Smiley Very Happy