cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my now TV box is suddenly not connecting to my WiFi ITT was working fine yesterday and the box in the next room is fine I'm with BT and all my other devices connect just fine. I have tried resetting the box and my router it made no difference also have made sure that only the box was trying to connect at the time. It finds my signal just won't connect also have disabled pings again nothing and tried hard reset again no connection I am now out of ideas.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch.

Very sorry to hear that this happened.

I have heard that your issue got looked in to. If there is anything else you need, please contact us back.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there,

One of our two boxes has developed this problem after many months trouble free viewing. The other is working fine. We are with BT, not Virgin.

We have other devices such as smart tv connected to our network that are also working ok.

I've tried all the various suggestions given in this thread, but nothing can solve the Error Code 014 issue. I cannot connect to our wireless network.

This is not a new box being set up for he first time and have not moved it from its usual location. The other box is further away and works fine.

Can you offer any advice please? Evidence suggests the box has developed a fault rather than a network problem?

Thanks in advance.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi there,

One of our two boxes has developed this problem after many months trouble free viewing. The other is working fine. We are with BT, not Virgin.

We have other devices such as smart tv connected to our network that are also working ok.

I've tried all the various suggestions given in this thread, but nothing can solve the Error Code 014 issue. I cannot connect to our wireless network.

This is not a new box being set up for he first time and have not moved it from its usual location. The other box is further away and works fine.

Can you offer any advice please? Evidence suggests the box has developed a fault rather than a network problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Anonymous User 

I know I'm being a complete pain here Smiley Sad But can you list all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. As this will help. Members of the community or the now TV team to best determine how to help you next.

Does the box actually say it's connected to the Internet? You should be able to see this if you go to settings and network. In the past I have experienced cases myself where the box says it is connected properly when it isn't. Sometimes if you go through the connection process again. The box will connect properly.

I know this is not much help so far Smiley Sad

I look forward to your replySmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply! I've spent a few hours trying other things and it now works. It seems quite sensitive to the order I do things.

I unplugged the Now box and left it for 5 mins, unplugged the BT router and left it for about 10 mins, then turned it back on and left it for another 10mins after the status light had turned blue. Then I plugged the Now box back in and did a factory reset, which seemed to do the trick.

Surprised all my other devices seemed to connect to the router ok, but I guess it was resetting the router followed by a factory reset (with a bit of patience) that did the trick.

Thanks again...fingers x'd it'll keep working!
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you are walcome Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

l need some help my tvbox is not responding for the last 2days message "sorry,something went wrong.We're working on it." not good enough. l have checked my network settings.Set up new Wi-Fi connection signal good,entered password.can,t connect router is turned on password is correct  error code 014.??????. l,m not tecnical minded and l have been trying to sort this out for 2days  now l am well fed up.l think  maybe because there is no way of getting verbal surport  that maybe l would be better off with another supplier.What is error code 014????? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you tried to disable pings?

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This did not work for me.

Why not roll back the update until it's fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it didn,t work  this is total bull can,t have this rubbish 3 days now l have been trying to get this to work.l will just cancel my payments.