Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danjones101
Occasional Poster

Re: error code 014

Hi
I am having the same problem with a new box and error code 014

I have followed the forum thread and tried all instructions, including disabling pings, resetting the box and router, moving the box closer to the router, checking the passwords, checking the IP address etc etc.

I have a chrome cast in another room which works fine, but my NowTV box sitting next to my router doesn't.

Is there anything else left to try

Thanks
0 Thanks
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@Danjones101 a Virgin Hub by any chance? Worth enabling the guest wifi option on it and trying to connect the NowTV box to that access point instead.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
Danjones101
Occasional Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. Have been through the Virgin guide and added guest wifi, but sadly still same error

Any other potential solutions?

Thanks
Dan
0 Thanks
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

Unfortunately @Danjones101 you appear to have tried all the other known solutions.

The only other thing might be to turn off the 5GHz setting on the router, but the guest wifi trick is normally 2.4GHz only anyway.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
0 Thanks
pethead65 Expert 5
Expert 5

Hi @Danjones101 

Apologies if you've already tried this & I've missed it from the thread.  If you haven't, it may be worth doing a factory reset & check for software updates, both can be done from within Settings on the NOW TV box.

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
0 Thanks
Piglet121212
First Poster

Re: NowTV box will not connect to local network?

Can't thank you enough worked for me.

0 Thanks
Danjones101
Occasional Poster

Hi
Thanks for the suggestion, sadly made no difference

Followed instructions on Virgin site, but one step is ticking a WEP radio button within Security, but this remains greyed out so is unclickable

Dan

0 Thanks
Lisamurray
Occasional Poster

It turned out I had a faulty box so they sent me out a new one and perfect no problems at all

0 Thanks
Sabrina-M
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Danjones101 

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you confirm if you have a Virgin Hub or Virgin Hub 2?

Thanks,

Sabrina

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
lother78
First Poster

hi ive just purchase a now tv box but keep getting error 014 when trying to connect to local network, ive done all the tips but still error 014 so i tried connecting through my vodafone phone and it works but not through my hub, I'm using a virgin super hud 2, please can someone help
0 Thanks