cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garbo
Advocate

Re: error code 014

I've tried what criddler66 says above and now get all the way through to the box searching for updates when I get error code 03. I'm in despair!

0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Garbo  what internet provider are you using?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
Garbo
Advocate

Virgin
0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

OK @Garbo  I have Virgin and my devices connect fine.  I have my black box and LG TV hooked up via ethernet and the smart box is on the 5ghz setting so I know that Now works with Virgin.  

Can you check the settings of your router:   type 192.168.0.1 into your web browser and log in using the details on the bottom of your box.  You need to check it is currently visible.  You may also want to try enabling guest wifi for the box.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Garbo
Advocate

All fixed, but goodness knows how! Connected box to another TV in a different room and it didn't want to play. However, after lots of random button pressing it suddenly worked! Took it back to original set and, after a bit of faffing, it's working there too. Thanks for the support!

0 Thanks
claire112

Re: Error code 014.12 when trying to conect to WIFI

Im having the same its the white box it has been connected to my wifi for mths but suddenly has now stopped please sort it out as im not paying for something I cant use 

0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Error code 014.12 when trying to conect to WIFI

@claire112 Have you tried this? 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Shrley

Re: unable to connect onto virgin super hub tried every thing error code 014 constantly,

Cannot connect through Virgin hub. Registered with Now TV  fine.  Keep getting error 14, have tried  homex5, ff, play, rewind, etc.    Nothing works and cannot connect.  Internet connection and password all working fine.   I have two of these myself  and they work fine and took  10 mins to set up.   This is for my elderly parents and have tried everything for unplugging to resetting.  Help please 

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: unable to connect onto virgin super hub tried every thing error code 014 constantly,

@Shrley wrote:

Cannot connect through Virgin hub. Registered with Now TV  fine.  Keep getting error 14, have tried  homex5, ff, play, rewind, etc.    Nothing works and cannot connect.  Internet connection and password all working fine.   I have two of these myself  and they work fine and took  10 mins to set up.   This is for my elderly parents and have tried everything for unplugging to resetting.  Help please 

First things first @Shrley,

The first NOW TV 'white' box looks like this: -

white.png

The second NOW TV 'black' box looks like this: -

black.jpg

And third (newest) NOW TV 'smart' box looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Gill2
Mentor

@criddler66 wrote:

have just had this problem and now fixed.

it appears to be a cliche with the nowtv box.

set up a mobile hotspot with your mobile phone.

when the box reconises your phone connect to it to do all the updates.

when the box has finished all updates. it will then connect to your wireless router.

then dont forget to turn the mobile hotspot off on your phone.

this was given to me in a email from the tecies at now tv.

Thanks for posting this, I couldn't get my brand new NowTV box to connect to wifi during set up, though it was recognising my network and the wifi signal in that room was strong-no trouble using other wifi devices in there. It was Error 014, kept failing at' connecting to local network'

So I created a wifi hotspot with my phone and scanned for networks again, the box connected to my phone no problem and did all its updates. When the updates and set up was finished, I just disconnected from the phone hotspot, re-scanned for my home wifi, and the box connected no problem. Oh, I'm with Virgin for broadband.  all seems fine now. Hopefully this simple fix will work for others.

0 Thanks