cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just tried this and it worked m
Ugh to my amazement !

BUT you do need to make sure you click the FF button etc quickly after the 5x Home key.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lol this has worked for us, my Hubby was about to chuck the box in the bin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this with my BT Home Hub

I fixed it by carrying out in this order:

Factory reset the now TV box - leave it to reset, leave it on and plugged in with TV on.

Go to your BT HomeHub and router - turn them both off at the mains, wait 30 seconds

Turn the power back on to the router and the modem

When all the lights are blue on the router (Power, Wireless and Braodband) go back to the Now TV box.

Use the secret wifi screen easter egg ( press home X5 then quicky press FF, Play, Rewind, Play FF, just once each)

When the secret wifi screen is dsiplayed make sure it says Network Ping Disabled.

Go back and then start the configuration process to connect ot wifi, and then log into your Now TV account.

Good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you - tried all sorts and this worked first time 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

what a joke this is,not worth the hassle,crap customer service with no help and no solutions

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear that you feel this way.

Please follow the steps @Anonymous User has provided above. You can also try to restart your router.

Kind regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried everything you have suggested and it still won't connect to the local network. Virgin has said it is not there problem. What else can I do ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
H
@Anonymous User wrote:

I have tried everything you have suggested and it still won't connect to the local network. Virgin has said it is not there problem. What else can I do ?

@Anonymous User

Hi Anita 

Have you tried connecting your box via ethernet cable and performing a system update and then try to connect to the wireless.

Also could you let us know exactly what steps you have already tried.

Thanks

Aaron

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Aaron-R wrote: @Anonymous User 

Have you tried connecting your box via ethernet cable and performing a system update and then try to connect to the wireless.

It would be good to know exactly which model of NOW TV branded playback device @Anonymous User has. As from what I remember the original 'white' box only offers WiFi connectivity...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do you return this box