cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I (like many other it seems) have not been able to connect my NOW TV black box on any WIFI network. I have tried all of the following without any luck and still get the error code 014.12 (password entered is definitely correct):

- Software update (by direct LAN connection which is working) 

- Disabled pings

- Restarting now tv box (via software and hardware reset button) and restartingrouter (I have two different broadband connections currently, with Sky and Hyperoptic and neither is connecting)

- Enabling router access to NowTV box MAC

- Touching now TV box to router when trying to connect

Unfortunately I am very frustated and disappointed in the new product, but would like to find a solution ASAP. Please could you advise how to resolve this problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and for trying those steps.

Have you ever been able to use the Box, has it connected to your Internet before? Have you tried these steps here - error 014 ?

Can you confirm with Box do you have - white or black? If you have the black Box, have you tried wired connection? Have you changed wireless channel on your router? If not sure how to do that, let us know and we'll help you with the steps.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi the box is brand new, only got it yesterday, so very disappointed it doesn't connect to any wireless network.

It is the black box.

With a direct wired connection it does work as I mentioned previously but it has never sucessfully connected to any wireless network

It does not connect to any of the 3 wireless connections we have available (Sky boradband or Hyperoptic broadband or even to my mobile phone wireless hotspot). I therefore don't think changing the channel would make any difference as they can't all be on the wrong channel.

As stated in my originial post I have disabled network pings and that has made no difference.

Do you have any other ideas as to why it is not working?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply @Anonymous User

I need to get this looked into by our technical team.

Hopefully they can see what might be causing this. It also could be it's the Box itself, but this is just an assumption.

I'll be in touch via email once I get more info. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I received the replacement box yesterday and it worked fine without any problems, so the original box must have been faulty.

Thanks for your assistance with this problem
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same its the white box it has been connected to my wifi for mths but suddenly has now stopped please sort it out as im not paying for something I cant use 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried this? 🙂

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It is the black box.

Might be a good idea for the Forum Admin/Moderators to move this topic into the dedicated NOW TV Box (black) section of the forum Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have this issue on a white box, have disabled ping but still same. Have used this box no problem for 2 years then get this issue today. Any thoughts?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if it's only just happened try turning the box and your router off for 30 minutes and then trying again.