cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HELP. I've tried the Platform Secret Screen setup a lot of times now and the network pings are disabled.

I'm using a Virgin Media Superhub plus a Sony Bravia Smart TV and NOWTV suggest I try changing my channel setting to auto.

Does anyone know how to do this as I still can't connect after disabling network pings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you tried enabling the guest wifi mode on your super hub and connecting the NOW TV box to that?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You have to access the router through a web browser in order to change the channel it uses.

In the address bar of your web browser try one of these (these are the two most commonly used router addresses):

if that doesn't work then try

You should be prompted for a username and password, often they'll be printed on a sticker under your router or you can probably search online for the default username/password for your router model.

After you've found and changed the broadcast channel make sure you click on the 'apply settings' button (or whatever it's called in your router's web interface), if you exit without doing that then it won't save.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, but on checking all settings were correct and I still can't connect to Local network.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I had the same issue, would not connect to my wifi, turning off the ping did nothing etc etc.

Try setting a reserved ip address for the now tv box in the hub, that worked for me.

G

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box gets as far as identifying my wireless network (which is showing a strong signal) but can't identify my local network and gives me error code 014. I've turned my router on and off and done both soft and hard resets but to no avail. Help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried what criddler66 says above and now get all the way through to the box searching for updates when I get error code 03. I'm in despair!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  what internet provider are you using?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Virgin
Legend 5
Legend 5

OK @Anonymous User  I have Virgin and my devices connect fine.  I have my black box and LG TV hooked up via ethernet and the smart box is on the 5ghz setting so I know that Now works with Virgin.  

Can you check the settings of your router:   type 192.168.0.1 into your web browser and log in using the details on the bottom of your box.  You need to check it is currently visible.  You may also want to try enabling guest wifi for the box.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.