cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if doing the remote button press just leaves you at the home screen you've not done it quick enough or have pressed a wrong button. Keep trying and you should be able to disable the pings. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had issues connecting to your network. Are you still having issues after taking into consideration @Anonymous User's comments? 

If so I will send you an e-mail to see if there's anything else we can try. Keep an eye out on your inbox 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello i too have the 014.50 erroe message and cant make it work. I have checked the wifi and the broadband provider. when on now tv for netwrok settings I get agreen tick for the wifi but red cross for the local network. please can you help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues getting started on the box.

Can you confirm who provides your internet for us?

Do you have a smart phone and if so which model?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It connects to my wireless network but not to my local network, I've been trying since yesterday and still doesn't work. It says error code 014, what can I do??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you very much! It worked and it's now connected and working correctly! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, i have done the whole button thing, then reset the now tv box it still dont work???? is the box knackered then ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User are you with Virgin? Try enabling the guest wifi on your router and connecting the box to that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Our white Now TV box will not connect to our WIFI, the error code 014 is posted on the screen.

Did all the secret screen bit, still not connecting. Reset the box - still not connecting, even unplugged the unit for a few hours - still not connecting.

In the secret screen only the temp bar was highlighted in green, the other bar is empty.

We have three boxes in the house, two white and one black. The black is connected via ethernet, the other white via WIFI, just this box will not connect.

Ian