cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

have just had this problem and now fixed.

it appears to be a cliche with the nowtv box.

set up a mobile hotspot with your mobile phone.

when the box reconises your phone connect to it to do all the updates.

when the box has finished all updates. it will then connect to your wireless router.

then dont forget to turn the mobile hotspot off on your phone.

this was given to me in a email from the tecies at now tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

have just had this problem and now fixed.

it appears to be a cliche with the nowtv box.

set up a mobile hotspot with your mobile phone.

when the box reconises your phone connect to it to do all the updates.

when the box has finished all updates. it will then connect to your wireless router.

then dont forget to turn the mobile hotspot off on your phone.

this was given to me in a email from the tecies at now tv.

Thanks for posting this, I couldn't get my brand new NowTV box to connect to wifi during set up, though it was recognising my network and the wifi signal in that room was strong-no trouble using other wifi devices in there. It was Error 014, kept failing at' connecting to local network'

So I created a wifi hotspot with my phone and scanned for networks again, the box connected to my phone no problem and did all its updates. When the updates and set up was finished, I just disconnected from the phone hotspot, re-scanned for my home wifi, and the box connected no problem. Oh, I'm with Virgin for broadband.  all seems fine now. Hopefully this simple fix will work for others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank god for internet forums it worked cheers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now TV isn't connecting to the internet, but I have one in another room which is working fine

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

I'm guessing as you've posted under the error code 014 thread that you are getting this error? Are you with Virgin ISP? Did you have to disable pings when you set up your first box? If so, try doing the same on the second box. Follow the steps mentioned in this thread, or have a look at the help article here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

However are you trying to set your new box up in a room that is a long distance away from your router? It may be that the box is struggling to establish a stable connection with the router. If I was you I would try plugging the second box into the TV you have your first box connected to (just unplug power and HDMI a cables from the back of the first box and plug into the new box) and try setting up the box from there first. If you manage to get it connected see if it will then work when you connect it back up in the other room.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My now TV isn't connecting to the internet, but I have one in another room which is working fine

The following should help you sort out the problem you're having with the now TV box.

Resetting your now TV box/error code 14

On the main menu please enter the following sequence of keys in fairly quick succession

1. Home (5x)

2. FF

3. play

4. RR

5. Play

6. FF

Once you've done this after a second or two secret screen will pop-up. Here you should see two options. You will be interested in.

1. Disable network pings.

2. System reset (Standard reset not hard reset you will not need to re-enter your details into the box)

I would recommend that you disabled network pings and then restart your now TV box. Quite a lot of routers don't like the way the box behaves when network pings are enabled

Let me know how you get on

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

PS also look @Andy post above my own. Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

What on earth is going on? I bought a product. It doesn't work. I followed the help advice provided for a clearly known problem. It does not work. I then you discover that there is no way to contact anyone to get assistance. Why is Live Chat never available? Why is this website such a nightmare to navigate. Why is there no acknowledgement when you submit a feedback form. Seriously Sky, is this the best you can do? This is all very amatuerish. 

If this is the service being extended to customers I predict the demise of NOW TV.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Blahblahblah7,

We're really sorry to hear there's a problem with your box.

I'd love to do what I can to help you with this issue, I of course don't want to bombard you with troubleshooting you've already tried. If you would be kind enough to let me know briefly what you've tried so far and where you are up to I'll try my best to find you a solution.

I'm sorry to hear you've found Live Chat to be unavailable so often, it's available 8am-12pm everyday, usually if all agents are busy you'll be placed in line. Ensure your using a PC or Mac to access as the page may not function correctly on mobile devices.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What is going on with the now TV box this is a joke I have tried the trouble shooting changed settings on my internet I have also tried different room. Googled it to to see if that would help and still having no
Luck with this box! U can't contact any one everything is done threw live chat! Really starting to get the right hump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Put now TV box and router together (touching),disable ping and run setup when done u can move TV box wherever u want