cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you able to set up a WI-FI network on your mobile and see if the box connects to that ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am now getting exactly the same symptoms as many people on this forum, I too have tried reboots, resets and even a hard factory reset as well as disabling ping. None of this has worked even though the box is seeing a very strong signal (it is as close to the router as possible which is about 2 metres from the router!) yet still the box cannot connect.

I am now going to fix this by cacelling my subscription and throwing the box away

Thanks for nothing Sky, you seem to have broken a lot of peoples boxes somehow

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserHi, Sorry you feel this way. 😞

Error 014 is observed when the router cannot recognize the box due to set on different channel frequency, we have emailed you requesting for more information and a few steps to try. Could you please get back to us. 

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to resolve this error code for a few hours now, from the Platform secret screen I cannot activate the OK button when trying to disable network pings....help

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Not quite sure what you mean by can't activate the OK button, but if you've got to the secret screen with the Disable network pings option, going to the option and clicking OK on the remote should just act as a toggle - click it and it turns to Enable networks pings, then just keep clicking the back button (top right) on the remote until you get to the screen where you can try to connect to your wifi again.

More info here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Andy,
As I said I can change Enable to Disable on the Platform screen but
I can't get the remote to click on the OK command at the bottom of the
list, I also have only ONE green highlight strip on the SSID section.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I'm afraid it's a bit difficult to visualise exactly which part you are stuck at without seeing your screen, but try unplugging the box for a few minutes and then power back up and try again, and if you still get stuck have a word with live chat (just tell you are setting up your box and stuck when it says error 014) and they should be able to talk you through it while you do it, which will be easier than having to keep posting on here.

To get to live chat go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the following page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting an error code 014.12, I've reset my box and have followed instructions from the webpage for error codes and my box still isn't working! What else can I try??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  I'm assuming you're not able to connect to your wi-fi as this generally generates that code.  If this is the case has the box ever connected?  The reason I ask is that in most cases where this error shows up the box has been faulty.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
It not a new box I've had it for nearly 1 year and have never had trouble with it before.