cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues in the past.

I've dropped you an e-mail with some more complex steps that people have found work for them.

Keep an eye out for it in your inbox/spam 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please, Please help me!!!  I have had my white box for months on a BT router and it has been working a treat.  I now have error code 0014, I have tried everything that I have read on here.  Does this mean I have to spend another amount of money for a new box????  Very very disappointed.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you have got a BT Homehub Router this may be worth a shot.

Firstly try rebooting the Router off and on to see if that helps.

On the BT Router have you disabled the smart setup ?

If not follow the link instructions below how to disable smart setup.

Also, whilst in the Router settings on the linked instructions under Network Devices click on the grey refresh button.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

After doing the above, if the error is still there, try rebooting the NowTV box by powering the box down at the mains outlet.

Might be worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

sory, think I may be being a little thick.  I am on the link that you have advised but not really sure on what I am doing from there.  The channel selection is on automatic smart wireless, should I change that to another channel?  Also what grey button please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok think, I have now found the smart set up thing and have disabled.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Ok think, I have now found the smart set up thing and have disabled.

@Anonymous User

Did you also see under home network devices the refresh button to click, think its towards the right hand side of the screen.

Like i said before, there is no guarantee that it will work but it's worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you managed all that you advised, took some time but I got there but still not connecting coming up with same error.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

I was wondering if you can try to connect your NOW TV Boxes to a different WI-FI connection.

Ideally, if you have a mobile phone that you can create a WI-FI connection from , set this up.

Turn off your main WI-FI in the house and try to connect your NOW TV Box to the new mobile WI-FI.

Let me know if you manage

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just read this response.  I am now going to purchase another box as I am actually fed up with trying everything else.  The box worked fine for months and now doesn't.  Really don't think it should be this hard.  Thanks anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am now outraged as I have purchased a new box but am not allowed to add the device for another month!!!!  WTF  another £25 and still can't use the f**king thing.  I am paying for the movies.  I feel a netflix moment coming on.  Someone respond to this and tell me how to over come this issue.  Thank you.