cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that 😞

Can you tell us what exactly have you tried so we will make sure you get the steps that haven't tried?

Birgit

NOW TV team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is getting annoying, we have had the same 014 error code for two weeks!! I have been on the platform secret screen, changed the pings to disable, reset router and Now TV app and it's still not working! I have already gone through this with your technical team but still no joy!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User does your router have a guest wifi mode you can enable? If it does, turn it on and connect the NOW TV box to that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do i get error 14  off thank you

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Start off by looking at the following help page, and if you still have problems post back with details of what you've tried, which ISP you are with and what is still happening

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Please see this article for help with the 014 error.

Also please ensure you're not trying to connect via an BT hotspot or a similar open network as the box will not be able to connect to this.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all of the trouble shooting I've even reset the box back to original settings and I'm still getting error code 014 , what the hell is happening with it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exactly the same issue yesterday and it took approx 30minutes to figure out what was wrong. In the end I updated the box by pressing: home x5, fast forward x3, rewind x2... A few minutes later... and The box updated with the Now Tv logo flashing. Now it is working perfectly fine. Considering it's a relatively new service, I guess there will be a few teething problems. Once connected, it's a whole new world of on demand! All I'd suggest to NOWTV is to make set up less complicated, as it shouldn't be down to the user to update software considering the set top box is new.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try enabling pings

Not disable. It worked for me
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try enable ping