cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I know you mention you've tried all the tips, but you can you just double check you've definitely tried the steps in the following help page to disable pings, as this usually solves connection problems

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

However, your post suggests that your box can't see your wifi network at all. In which case it's possible the box is out of range or can't see the wifi network for some reason. If you are setting it up in a room far away from the router, try moving it to a closer room to see if that helps. Also, make sure the box isn't  sat too close to the router (give it a couple of feet distance at least) and place the box so that it has empty space around it (eg not tucked behind the TV or in a closed TV cabinet).

Also, check that your router isn't set up for a 5GHz only wifi network, as the White box can't see 5GHz wifi networks, only 2.4GHz. 

Similarly, if your router is set up to not broadcast the SSID (the name of your wifi network) then it wouldn't show up on the setup page and you'll need to select the option to enter it manually.

Finally,  you might try setting up the guest network on your hub if your router has this facility (check documentation) - make it a 2.4GHz network with a different SSID name to your main wifi, e.g nowbox and try connecting your NOW TV Box to that guest network. Make sure you choose WPA2 for the encryption method and choose a strong password.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is recognising my router because it lets me put the password in and then connects me to my network and then it goes on to the next circle which is then saying I can't connect to the local router?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you with Virgin? If so the guest network trick often seems to work for some reason. You are basically creating a separate wireless network that you will only connect your NOW TV box to. If you type Virgin guest network into Google you will get instructions.

Otherwise if you reply with details of your ISP and router model and a quick list of what you've tried already then a member of the NOW TV Team (or another member with more experience) will pick up your post in due course.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Peeved to be having to go through the pain of all this error checking - I have finally moved beyond the wifi connection stage.

Super simple set up - my ######!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that you had some issues setting up your box.

Has this been resolved for you ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have plugged my box in picks up wi fi internet but not local network saying error code 014 any ideas please
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Following the steps in the following help article should solve this problem for you.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my Now TV box has been working fine up till this evening when halfway through a programme it just froze. Eventually went back to home page and said not connected. Tried to reconnect no luck. I have rebooted the box and my router still no luck. I have disabled pings and tried again, still no luck, the box can find my wireless connection but just won't connect to it. I have triple checked my password. All other home devices are connected fine.

Any ideas as this is very annoying!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had issues with the box. Can you try another reboot of the box for me and see if it connects. Completing the 014 steps should resolve the problem. If you continue to have problems then please let us know.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, the error 014.50 keeps coming up, I can log in but cannot connect to local network, I've unplugged the now to box, I've reset wifi box, I've even followed your steps under error 014 where you can press home X 5 to go to the secret page, etc and still all it does is let you go to home screen, you select now tv and it brings you back to the home page!! Please help!