cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User try this help guide from Sky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I bought 2 Now TV boxes in December. They have both been working perfectly up to now, no problems with connection.

As of a couple of days ago the one in my daughters bedroom has lost the connection to the network and now wont reconnect. I've tried powering off the box and restarting it, resetting the box, resetting the router, the "014 error message disable pings" thing, manually entering he network name and password as a private network but no joy, it will not reconnect at all, just keeps on showing the 014 error message.

The box in the kitchen is running fine and we have several devices running off the wifi so the signal is there.

We have Sky broadband through a Sky Hub.

Any help?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear that 😞

Have you also tried to change your Wireless channel? You have mentioned that you use Sky Hub, so the steps can be found here. Once the steps are done, please reset your Box from the back of it and try again. If the issue persists, please let us know 🙂

Regards,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Birgit-R

Changed the router channel to 8 (didn't work in 6) and all is now working again.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having great difficulty in getting my now tv box to connect to network, returns a message 

"sory something went wrong.were working on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having great difficulty in getting my now tv box to connect to network, returns a message 

"sorry something went wrong.were working on it."

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

Can you please let us know if you are able to change your Wifi channel? 

You may also want to to try unplugging your NOW TV Box and your router, for a few minutes, then plug them back in and re-try the set up process. 

Many Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi all. I don't see a definite resolution here. I have the same issue. Error code 014 when trying to connect to the wi Fi.
It's been fine for months but now errors.
I have got another Now TV box and it's the same.
BOTH work OK on someone else's Virgin superhub.
I have set wi Fi to channel 6 and the same.
I have disabled network pings and the same.
Model 2400SK - Roku LT
Version 6.1. Build 5660.
-------
I have tried the above 2 links and factory reset the Now TV box and Virgin superhub.
Help please.
Thanks.
Muppetman69
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Did exactly as explained (coded remote button presses) only to find my network pings were already disabled. As a last ditch attempt enabled them and 'presto'
Wouldn't have got there without advice
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help. I was planning to watch Agent Carter at 9pm but my NOW TV box has decided to play up. I started watching an on-demand programme earlier and it worked fine for about five minutes then started hanging. I got an error message to try again later when I tried to do anything. I reset the box but then it would not connect to the  wireless network. I have reset it a few times and it is still not working. I have switched the box off and on. I have even reset the wireless router. It just says not connected. It goes through the process of trying to connect and all three green ticks come up but them it says not connected. So frustrated with this thing. My laptop and Amazon FireTV stick are working fine so I know the wifi is okay. I saw the trick about the pings but when I entered the secret menu the only option I had was to enable the pings so I guess I must have disabled them in the past. Anyone any ideas? If it wasn't for Game of Thrones and Agent Carter I would get rid of it. The current error I am getting is error code 014 although before it did go past this point.