cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Finally after doing all the steps you told me and changing my router channel I'm finally up and running after 2 weeks. Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have tried everything on this thread and it still isn't working. What next?!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to see that this issue is still occurring 

Can I ask if this is happening on all devices? 

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"how to disable pings" video solved my problem.   

Many Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've factory reset my now tv box, it won't connect to my local network, I know it has nothing to do with my Internet as I can use it with everything else
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Was your box working fine before you reset it? Was there a particular reason you needed to reset it? If you are on Virgin ISP have you followed the advice in this thread to disable network pings? If not follow the advice here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Also if you've moved your box to a new position, make sure it is in range of your router's wireless network and in an open position rather than tucked away on a shelf, in a cabinet or under the TV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 014:   MISLEADING instructions on Help page......

After several hours and numerous tries at connecting I am now up and running...

BUT and its a BIG BUT....the instructions about the Secret Screen settings are WRONG or at best MISLEADING !!

Where it says "Select Disable network pings"  sounds as if you should leave on Disable"  but in fact it should be "Select (or perhaps "set as') "Enable network pings" ...As soon as i changed this part the box worked. 

It is badly worded and confusing.

As i too have a VM superhub we had gone into the router settings and checked it was set on Auto, and also even added the Now TV box as another device.

I was beginning to wonder if it was the rivalry between Virgin & Sky that resulted in the box not working with VM riouters!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

I'm sorry that the help page seemed misleading or badly worded.

I will pass this feedback on. I happy to hear you're finally up and running. If you have any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Im on a virgin media super hub 2. I would get the 1st green light for wireless network but would never connect to local network. Disabled pings and it works a treat now
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Disable network pings worked for me when connecting to a Virgin router.

Thanks!