cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately @Anonymous User you appear to have tried all the other known solutions.

The only other thing might be to turn off the 5GHz setting on the router, but the guest wifi trick is normally 2.4GHz only anyway.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Apologies if you've already tried this & I've missed it from the thread.  If you haven't, it may be worth doing a factory reset & check for software updates, both can be done from within Settings on the NOW TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
Thanks for the suggestion, sadly made no difference

Followed instructions on Virgin site, but one step is ticking a WEP radio button within Security, but this remains greyed out so is unclickable

Dan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you confirm if you have a Virgin Hub or Virgin Hub 2?

Thanks,

Sabrina

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
hi ive just purchase a now tv box but keep getting error 014 when trying to connect to local network, ive done all the tips but still error 014 so i tried connecting through my vodafone phone and it works but not through my hub, I'm using a virgin super hud 2, please can someone help
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

I know you mention you've tried all the tips, but you can you just double check you've definitely tried the steps in the following help page to disable pings, as this usually solves connection problems with a Virgin hub

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

If that doesn't work, you might try setting up the guest network on your hub, make it a 2.4GHz network with a different SSID name to your main wifi, e.g nowbox and try connecting your NOW TV Box to that guest network.

If you still have problems, let us know.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I have created a guest network it did work then when I switched my mains off over night and the box does not pick up the wifi any help will be much appreciated. Thank you
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User .

As your ISP is Virgin the post at the link below may help you

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/No-full-screen/m-p/275121/highlight/true#M20177

Merry Christmas Smiley Happy

EDIT 

I would also suggest that reset the Now TV box (Normal reset first. If that does not work then a hard reset)

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

this makes n0 difference cant someone just speak to a human being

@Andy_ wrote:
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

I know you mention you've tried all the tips, but you can you just double check you've definitely tried the steps in the following help page to disable pings, as this usually solves connection problems with a Virgin hub

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

If that doesn't work, you might try setting up the guest network on your hub, make it a 2.4GHz network with a different SSID name to your main wifi, e.g nowbox and try connecting your NOW TV Box to that guest network.

If you still have problems, let us know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i need someone to ring me to get connected