cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I've read through various posts intros and have a slightly different issue. My box was connected and working fine but I mistakenly switched off my router last night. Since turning it back on all other devices are connected except for the now tv box. It can see the router and the password is definitely correct but won't connect. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Your issue could be an IP address conflict. You could try turning off all devices that connect to the router (including wifi enabled devices), turn off the router, wait a few mins (make a brew), switch it back on, wait a few mins, switch the Now TV box on and then the rest of the devices. This should force the router to allocate an IP address for the box first.

Any joy?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers, out for the day but will try later tonight.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No probs, enjoy your day out;)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorted!

Cheers for your help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No problem, glad to hear it's working:)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A similar thing can happen on a Roku when your modem automatically selects a wi-fi channel.
Although its not that straightforward then make your router select a select a wi-fi channel in its settings, whether it is 1, 6 or 11 etc it doesnt matter it prefers a manual channel selected. I dont really have this problem as I use a Roku as well with a cable connection.
Automatic garage doors have been known to have caused this error in the past, maybe its a conflict on the 2.4GHz radio spectrum?
My Roku has never had any problems whereas the NOW TV has, although in my case it was very minor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

unable to connect to virgin super hub keep getting code 014

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried these instructions from the guide linked below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The box worked for 4 days then stopped. Tried a replacement box but still not working. All other wifi devices work ok.Tried all solutions I can find without success. HELP

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have problems with virgin superhub and tried to access the platform secret screen but am unable to get I to this menu. At what stage should I start. At the moment I am on the connect to wifi screen. Can anyone help