cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinnie1971
Contributor 1

Re: NowTV box will not connect to local network?

I had this with my BT Home Hub

I fixed it by carrying out in this order:

Factory reset the now TV box - leave it to reset, leave it on and plugged in with TV on.

Go to your BT HomeHub and router - turn them both off at the mains, wait 30 seconds

Turn the power back on to the router and the modem

When all the lights are blue on the router (Power, Wireless and Braodband) go back to the Now TV box.

Use the secret wifi screen easter egg ( press home X5 then quicky press FF, Play, Rewind, Play FF, just once each)

When the secret wifi screen is dsiplayed make sure it says Network Ping Disabled.

Go back and then start the configuration process to connect ot wifi, and then log into your Now TV account.

Good luck

peteski2206
First Poster

Re: unable to connect onto virgin super hub tried every thing error code 014 constantly,

Amazing! Worked after this.. Thanks a lot
medion
First Poster

Re: unable to connect onto virgin super hub tried every thing error code 014 constantly,

you are a god!!!!!!

1.5hrs i spent on the phone to Virgin Media with 3 difference tech people today. Then did this and i'm sorted.

the last techy found you post, but didn't tell me to press in quick succession so got no where. Looked up you post myself before it got sorted.

Thanks for saving me more hours on the phone trying to get it sorted.

0 Thanks
leezu
Occasional Poster

Re: error code 014

@BENNY79 wrote:

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Michael-H
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: error code 014

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

Honeygate24
First Poster

Top man!!

Wish I had searched it 45mins ago!!

Thanks for the info, worked first time.

NOW TV should include this the trouble shooting section of the booklet.

gseckerson
First Poster

Thank you

0 Thanks
Chinny43
Occasional Poster

I've read through various posts intros and have a slightly different issue. My box was connected and working fine but I mistakenly switched off my router last night. Since turning it back on all other devices are connected except for the now tv box. It can see the router and the password is definitely correct but won't connect. Any thoughts?

Thanks
0 Thanks
Daz_S
Scholar 5

@Chinny43 wrote:
I've read through various posts intros and have a slightly different issue. My box was connected and working fine but I mistakenly switched off my router last night. Since turning it back on all other devices are connected except for the now tv box. It can see the router and the password is definitely correct but won't connect. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Your issue could be an IP address conflict. You could try turning off all devices that connect to the router (including wifi enabled devices), turn off the router, wait a few mins (make a brew), switch it back on, wait a few mins, switch the Now TV box on and then the rest of the devices. This should force the router to allocate an IP address for the box first.

Any joy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Android - NOW TV puck - PS3 - Xbox 360
Tags (1)
0 Thanks
Chinny43
Occasional Poster

Cheers, out for the day but will try later tonight.

0 Thanks