cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube only on Now TV Box without sub?

Is it possible to use a Now TV Box (white) for just viewing youtube without taking out a subscribtion?

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You only need to buy a pass to watch content in the NOW TV app, you don't need a subscription to use any of the other apps (apart from the Sky Sports News HQ app).

However you do need a valid NOW TV account to set up your box in the first place.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To creat a valid account I presume you first have to take out a free trial account for 14 days?  What happens if you decide not to carry on with the free trial after 14 days, will you still have access to the youtube app?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's exactly right. 🙂

Once you cancel a pass, (make sure you follow all instructions and receive a confirmation email) you can use all the other apps without needing NOWTV itself. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This guide should answer your question, start a 14 day free trial and then cancel straight away (you will still get the full 14 day of the trial).

When you cancel the trial make sure that you go through the step by step on screen instructions until you reach the cancellation confirmation.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/do-i-need-active-pass-to-use-now-tv-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So if you cancel your pass it appears that most of the free apps will continue to work like youtube etc, is that correct?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats correct.

chai
Scholar 3

What has not been mentioned is that NOW TV boxes come function locked and you need to create a NOW TV account (requiring a valid credit/debit card) to unlock them.

However once a box has been unlocked all the catchup services/apps remain available even when you stop subscribing to NOW TV services.