cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a connection problem with my Now tv box & my wifi. I went though a long process of Now tv live chat & plusnet phone support (my internet provider). Nothing I was told to do helped at all, & I was told lots & lots. In the end I changed my router password from a WPA2 setting to a WPA setting & everything connected perfectly. You may need to change it differently (maybe try WEP). You can find these settings by going to your wireless network, then properties. I hope this works for you too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I've just bought a now the box for my tele ime trying to connect it to my internet typing in my password but it won't take and hold what ime typing in keeps jumping back to start as though I've not typed at all help ?
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User 🙂

How strange. Is this the older white box? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi guys ive canceled my pass so my monthly subscription will finish but I cannot figure out how to close down my account so none of my detals arne on here anymore can anyone help please
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

For security reasons all 'account' related issues (such as, NOW TV account removal/card details removal, refunds), are subject to the Data Protection Act, which means it's more appropriate for you to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Email' and make a 'direct request' to them rather than requesting them (or somebody who may be posing as them) to contact you via this open forum, which is accessible to anyone around the world!

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi My logins have stopped working on the NowTV Box so I am unable to watch on my TV... but the login works on the internet via computer, iPhone etc.

I have reset the box, changed the password... none of this has worked. Please advise.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in contact via the forum, Can you tell us if you get an error message when you try to log in or if it just does nothing at all? Also have you tried to fix this yourself if so can you let us know what steps you have taking to try and resolve this?

Thanks

EddieSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Eddie,

I have changed the password, reset the box (allowing 30 seconds), unplugged all the cables, tried the email as the username instead of the username, updated it through the settings.

Still won't let me login and comes up with: 'login not recognised' every time.

But will let me login through other devices just not the box on the TV.

Thanks,

James
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that @Anonymous User

We have had a few peopl have this issue recently most likely the box may need to be replaced. Can you contact our live chat team here http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Change-Payment-Card so that this can be looked into further for you 🙂

Thanks

EddieSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have this issue too. Just started today.