cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why not allow dev mode now these boxes are dead?

Hey NowTV rather than force thousands of people to add to the piles of electronic waste by having to bin usable white NowTV boxes why don’t you do one final update which would allow people to access dev mode and give people the ability to side load Plex?

This would be a great way for users to still be able to get some limited use out of the boxes and not see thousands sent to rubbish tips.

Just a thought...

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

An absolute disgrace remotely bricking these perfectly usable boxes that people have paid for. If they are no longer suitable for watching NowTV then just remove that app alone. They could have had many more years of use ahead of them for watching YouTube or streaming via Plex. But there is no money in that for NowTV, so they'd rather turn the boxes into e-waste and hope that users will pay again for a new box. Once bitten, twice shy. Not a company I will do business with in the future. I agree: why not make amends and update the boxes to re-enable Developer Mode?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Guys

You must be living in la-la land to think that Now TV would ever countenance the use of Plex on any of it's devices, it's just not going to happen. You have a much better chance of finding a snow man on the surface of the sun.

As for re-enabling developer mode, see the paragraph above.

What's done is done, don't stress just accept it and move on.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No stress @ukbobboy just putting forward a thought as I'm pretty sure I can't be the only person with old units that I just don't want to bin as they are still usable pieces of tech. I know the harsh reality is that we live in time when it's more about getting people to dispose of technology and buy new than it is to fix, repair and hack. Just a shame.

Cheers - Jason

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Cheers Jason

You have hit that proverbial nail on the head, in other words, that's the way of the world.

Yeah, and it's now time to get my "ol' skool" music on.

Orange Label.jpg

UK Bob