cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White now tv box

Does anyone know if the whole box will stop working on the 6th of October or will I still be able to access other apps such as YouTube more 4 etc 

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

From what i have been told All Apps will cease to work after the 6th of October 2020 on the white boxes.

Maybe see what happens tomorrow if the information that was given to me was inaccurate.

Also have you got in touch with NowTV live chat to see if you are eligible for a free NowTV Stick.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This screen shot confirms my above post.

Screenshot_2020-10-06-12-37-41.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah apparently I don’t qualify as I don’t have an active pass. My son mainly uses it for YouTube. Pretty annoying when you’ve still paid for the device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is absolutely ridiculous. It’s one thing not to update the Now TV service, but to disable all the apps is inexcusable. It’s only a 7 year old device!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just found out this just cancelled not buying the boxes again there loss

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completely agree!  Very poor service, and I cannot use anything else on my tv in the bedroom as it has no HDMI input:-(

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe someone can find a way to flash it with another roku type firmware, for freeviw at least?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You could try an android TV box. Some of them have the same 3.5mm audio/video output port.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 2 active passes, turned white box on to be told no longer working, contacted now to be told don’t qualify for free stick ... have cancelled passes, absolutely disgusting customer service.