cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White now tv box

Does anyone know if the whole box will stop working on the 6th of October or will I still be able to access other apps such as YouTube more 4 etc 

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disgusting of NOW TV to terminate the box for use with YouTube and iplayer and other apps.

We paid for this device so we own the device, what right do you have to terminate the use of it as a stand alone streaming box.

If you wanted to terminate the box then from day one you should have made it clear that no other apps are accessible on your box other than the NOW TV app.

This shows what type of company now Tv is and how much they value you as a customer. 

I have four boxes and to have them terminated completely is morally wrong of now Tv.

IMG-20201007-WA0009.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine has done the same!! Now we can't watch TV!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am disgusted everything was fine until this afternoon, I was using the white box to watch youtube on a CRT TV which is a perfect TV that has been reliable but of course, the black box is not compatible like the good old white box. NOW TV I am done I will never use your products again you have shown nothing but contempt for your customers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am going to email Roku to see if the can 'Rokuerise' these boxes, which I am sure they can.

Otherwise I really cannot see myself renewing NowTV as a matter of principal.

At least it will help me get out more so one positive there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, I mailed them. 

This is an interesting PR disaster for Sky.  Google, Apple and Microsoft wind down their support. 

Bricking is dynamite stuff.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good idea to email Roku.

However, NOW TV should supply all those with the white old boxes with devicew for free.

Providing the serial numbers which are located underneath the white boxes not the 'ten pound off for a new NOW TV stick' option.

I have a sky plus satellite box from around the year 2005 which still works as a freesat box.

Unlike this situation where they want us to pay more money because they choose to brick the device completely obviously shows what type of company they are.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku replied saying 'The white NOW TV Box was an old device based on one of Roku’s own legacy units that had already been retired. Whilst NOW TV and ourselves collectively tried to keep this model running for as long as we could, a number of the various channel partners started withdrawing support as it was becoming harder within each firmware release to maintain the performance of the listed channel apps.'

Roku got their app on the Now Box so maybe that was the sweetner. People like the BBC would have loved to let us keep on watching. Apart from being only 720p it is far more stable than the problematic stick successor.

My contract runs out in 10 days or so and I have cancelled. They offered 1 month sport at £20  but honestly, even if it was 3 months at £10 it would have been difficult to stomach the arson mission they accomplished.

I have a Now Stick I had just retired, it needing 6 heatsinks pinning to the plastic to be usable in 1080p. It will be more than difficult to tempt me back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine have done the same disgusting and now they want ne to buy another for 24 quid l thinkill be cancelling my subscription