cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White box not supported 6 oct

Why should I pay for 2 sticks to replace my 2 white boxes when they are not to be supported on 6 Oct. I have been a now tv subscriber since the beginning, using entertainment pass continuesly and movie sports passes regularly. Many £100's pounds. Now tv should replace them free of charge. This along with  recent subscription price increases is the final straw. I will  cancel my subscriptions if they do not replace my white boxes I will  cancel my subscriptions 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same problem - had a white box since Now TV first began and now can't get anything at all.  My TV doesn't have a USB port, so I can't use the stick either - any ideas anyone please?

Thanks x

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Both the white box and the stick plug into the same hdmi port. A straight swap with your current connection.

I niw have the now stick and the functioning is an improvement. As I'm hard of hearing many more subtitles available but still the old problem of them being our of sync.
I would recommend you get the now stick as I have had no problems so far other than familiarising my self with navigating around the menus etc
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My tv doesn't have an HDMI socket so nothing will replace the white box!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
But your white box had a hdmi cable!!! see label on back of your white box. It clearly says HDMI. Mine did.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

With the old white NowTV boxes you had two options to connect to a television.

1. HDMI with a resolution of 720p for newer TV's at the time or.

2. Using a red, black and yellow composite cable for older CRT televisions with an output resolution of 480p.

Should you have a non HDMI television and don't want to replace or upgrade it, then you need to look into a HDMI to composite or SCART converter box from places like Amazon, Ebay etc should you wish to continue to use the NowTV streaming service on an old type non HDMI television.

There are a couple of threads on this forum in the past where customers have used these HDMI down converter boxes (though the picture quality will still be poor 480p resolution).