cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White box continuously rebooting

Ever since the firmware upgrade last week, my white box has been on a continuos boot up sowing the splach screen. I have done a reset by pressing the rset button in for 30 seconds and te system will boot  and let me enter the wifi details, then after that it will reboot again.

Any one know what the problem is

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Who your internet provider 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Ever since the firmware upgrade last week, my white box has been on a continuos boot up sowing the splach screen. I have done a reset by pressing the rset button in for 30 seconds and te system will boot  and let me enter the wifi details, then after that it will reboot again.

Any one know what the problem is

Out of interest...

How old is your NOW TV 'white' box. And is there any particular reason why you have not upgraded to the more powerful NOW TV 'black' box?

Indeed, are you aware that very often there are 'Entertainment' or 'Movie' voucher pass deals that includes the newer NOW TV 'black' box (bundled together). Which effectively means the newer box ends up costing nothing 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem for me. Reboots every 30 seconds. I haven't tried reseting yet but as anyone else having the same problem or got any suggestions please? ISP is Plusnet. Many Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you try the steps above for me please.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

The Factory Reset seems to have solved the problem. I had to set the box up from stratch again and have only used for 5 or 10 minutes but it hasn't rebooted so far.

Many thanks for the assistance

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my white box is switching off all the time, need help to sort it please.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi AD

You should read this, it will help you to understand what is going on:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/Box-not-turning-on/m-p/450675/highlight/true#M39086

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Can you try this step for me please, it forces your box to download the software again.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Can you try this step for me please, it forces your box to download the software again.

Thanks

Andy