cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White Now TV Box

Hi All,

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement white Now TV box?

Require a white version of the box, as I do not have a HDMI socket on my television.

Many Thanks and Kindest Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also experiencing the same issue too.

Require 2 x white Now TV box's for exactly the same reason as both of mine have become defective.

Any help on where to obtain replacement white Now TV boxes would be greatly appreciated.

Tried Ebay, purchased a replacment but when it arrived it was defective too. 😞

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the white boxes were discontinued some time back, so you'll only be able to buy second hand ones on eg eBay.

Some people have used the newer black box with a HDMI-to-SCART adapter for use on TVs with no HDMI but as I don't do this myself I can't recommend any or guarantee how well it works.

Whilst white boxes do still work bear in mind they are relatively underpowered now and will struggle with some of the newer versions of apps, eg BBC iPlayer, and won't receive the latest updates of NOW TV apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

according to their website CEX has got white boxes on their online store and some of their stores for £4 (plus postage if ordering online) . You may find other stores that sell second hand electronics have them as well. Another possibility might be a older Roko box with a analogue av sd output (although these might be more expensive)

Also have a look at this forum to see whether there is anything you can try to get any existing box going again

may be worth trying the following (depending upon the exact fault)

try deleting most of the apps (e.g most/all except for now tv)

reset the box and update the software a couple of times to see if it works correctly

if the box works correctly you can then re-install the apps you need

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've upgraded my white boxes as they really struggle with BBB iPlayer as mentioned above. They work fine with Nowtv and I was going to put them on eBay, but if anyone wants them they can make me an offer.