cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White Box

Advice, please. I have a white box connected to my Samsung Smart TV. I am about to join NowTV broadband and phone service. Should I get a new NowTV box for my TV viewing or keep the white box which is several years old (2013)?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If it was me and your TV has a HDMI port and you don't want the over the air Freeview channels via a TV aerial, then look at the new nowtv smart stick.

Like you said the white nowtv box is now long in the tooth and struggles with some of the more power hungry Apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt response. In addition to the white box I use a Humax Freeview PVR so I do not need the NowTV box to watch Freeview channels. With that in mind I was just wondering if the black box was any better for me. I just use the white box to watch Sky Entertainment programs. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

IMO the new smart stick is far superior to the nowtv black box, and I would only consider the black nowtv box if you are going to use a hard wired Ethernet cable between the box and your Router.

My gut feeling is that the nowtv black boxes will be slowly phased out, now that the smart stick has been introduced.