cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where to buy a new charger for the smart box

The charger has stopped working on one of my smart boxes. I’m using the other charger I have to watch tv, sky website doesn’t seem to have the charger for sale ( I’ve already mistakenly ordered the charger for the back box - not the smart box). Does anyone have a link to where I can buy a replacement?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi!  Quite a number of people have discovered that spare power supply units for the Smart Box are unobtainable.  There have been several postings on this subject over the past couple of years.  By the way, to be exact, it is a power supply unit ... not a charger.  The correct unit for the Smart Box delivers 12 volts.  This is different from the unit for the smaller black box, which is only 5 volts output and it has a different size of plug.

All I can suggest is that you buy a complete replacement Smart Box with its own power supply unit on eBay.  They are going for around £12 -£15 at the moment.  Or you might find one bundled with a Now TV pass in a high street retailer, such as Currys or Argos.

Good luck!

Wlat

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

First, I have not bought a spare power supply using in over some 30 odd years and second, I do not know the specific specifications of the Now TV Smart Boxes PSU, i.e. volts, amps and size of connector. etc.

However, I do know that you can buy spare PSUs, just type in the specs in Google and see what comes out, for example I typed in 12V PSU and the following Amazon co.uk page showed up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=12v+power+supply+2a&index=aps&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_2tt80eja93_b&adgrpid=53377625015&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=259024530171&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3301477930019972940&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045882&hvtargid=kwd-300736153176

To get what you want you would have to type in a more specific query than my test example.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

However, I do know that you can buy spare PSUs, just type in the specs in Google and see what comes out, for example I typed in 12V PSU and the following Amazon co.uk page showed up.

That's right, Bob.  Getting a PSU is no problem.  It's getting one with the right connector that is the problem!  There are a whole host of different connectors of different shapes and sizes, and I don't know the spec of the connector for a Smart Box!

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loads for sale just google 4500sk-psu 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Loads for sale just google 4500sk-psu 

@Anonymous User

I don't think you'll find this is so.  I just did a Google search as you suggested and I couldn't find a single one that is still in stock.

Be very careful, because there are several unrelated devices with the "4500SK" model number ... for example an Edimax VOIP Gateway and a Sitehawk Antenna and Cable Analyser.  They have different PSUs.

Wlat