cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WHITE Screen has got me beat

Can anyone shine any light on this I try watching the ITV Hub live TV through the now TV box which is white and also can anyone shine any light on this I try watching the ITV Hub live TV through the now TV box which is white.  When it comes on the screen is white you can hear the sound but that’s all I have rebooted the System I have reloaded the app stood on one leg and spun round 10 times whilst rebooting it I am absolutely baffled it’s a standard TV nothing special but it’s always worked but now I can’t get anything from it works fine through my phone app but just not through the now TV box so that’s the issue in the box itself

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't used the older white nowtv box in a few years now, where reading posts on the forum the white box is starting to struggle with the newer more modern power hungry Apps.

Some of the newer Apps such has Netflix etc are not even available on the white box, where i am guessing they have been omitted due to the lack of processing power on the older white box.

I would have said try deleting the ITV hub App first and reinstall it again on the box, but i can see you have already tried that.

Perhaps try in this order steps 6, 1 and 2 on this linked help guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

It could also be an HDMI handshake issue (assuming you are using the HDMI port on your box and television, though i would have thought the problem with no picture on screen with just sound would also happen with other Apps on the box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could also try the ITV Hub support team who are responsible for the App from the link page below.

https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024776894-How-can-I-contact-the-viewer-support-team- 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks for taking the time to reply to me. I will give it another go
and see what happens

Most appreciated

Matthew
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hi Matthew

Unfortunately, the white Now TV box has past it's 'sell by date' and is really no longer capable of running modern apps, and is really more trouble than it is now worth.

You would be better off getting a new Now TV stick, which will probably come with a free 2 month Entertainment or a 1 month Cinema pass. 

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
FairPlay buddy I was thinking that too......

Many thanks