cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vevo App not playing Video

Hi, im a Now TV White Box owner and recently the Vevo app has started playing up! The App itself loads up and works fine. When i choose a video to play the advert will load and play with no fault. However when the actual Music video loads and attempts to play, the screen flashes green for a second and then it sends me back to the Vevo Home menu. Any fixes for this, ive already tried restarting the box!
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, I can assure you that there was no fob off intended. Are you still having issues? Deleting the app normally does the trick. 

Even though the app is on the box, the 3rd party would dictate the restrictions on the app i.e. Facebook only allowing the photos to be accessed via the box. 

I would recommend rebooting the box also.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alex, try you tube!
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User & @Anonymous User

I had a recent discussion with Tom-R, the Now TV Community Manager, about app/channel problems and how they are dealt with.

The thread solution is here: http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Channel-App-Problems/m-p/347820/highlight/true#M1925

The upshot is that I got a better, more practical, response from Tom-R than the standard Now TV "party line", which is annoying and of no use whatsoever (it should be changed).

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone managed to get VEVO working it so annoying that it doesn't work properly since the upgrade.  Did any body contact VEVO?

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi, im a Now TV White Box owner and recently the Vevo app has started playing up! The App itself loads up and works fine. When i choose a video to play the advert will load and play with no fault. However when the actual Music video loads and attempts to play, the screen flashes green for a second and then it sends me back to the Vevo Home menu. Any fixes for this, ive already tried restarting the box!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, iam having the same problem and tried everything apart from buy a new black box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post.

as mentioned in the previous posts VEVO is a 3rd party app.

You will need to contact them directly - http://www.vevo.com/c/en/GB/about/contact

Regards

Sue

NOW TV app

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Your reply to Banditman5243 is much better than telling users to "go forth and complain to app makers yourselves".

I now hope that your Team members adopt the same more user friendly principle.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

no logical explanation for this but i found that this only happens when a recording device is indirectly connected to the same tv...in my case a BT Youview box...vevo works rine when this is in sleep mode

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm it works fine on my IPhone but the now TVs box locks up. I paid for Now Tv equipment. You should have to take care of the apps. I am seriously thinking of switching to Apple TV. Your customer service is rude and unhelpful
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User but if the Vevo app on your new Apple TV stopped working would you expect Apple or Vevo to fix it?