cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vevo App not playing Video

Hi, im a Now TV White Box owner and recently the Vevo app has started playing up! The App itself loads up and works fine. When i choose a video to play the advert will load and play with no fault. However when the actual Music video loads and attempts to play, the screen flashes green for a second and then it sends me back to the Vevo Home menu. Any fixes for this, ive already tried restarting the box!
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Weirdly the Live Vevo content (Vevo Tv) will play fine. Its just the on demand content that wont play.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I seem to have the same problem. This started only a week ago. Was fine before

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear this. Are you still having issues with this? Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing and then rebooting the box?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I have tried what you have suggested but this hasn't resolved the problem. On demand videos still will not play. It starts loading the video to completion and then exits back to the Vevo main screen without playing the video

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As @Anonymous User has mentioned, NOW TV have no control over the Vevo App, If you have tried the steps above, I would contact Vevo directly so they can look into the issue with the app.

Thanks

Andy

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with the Vevo app. 

You can try removing the app from the list, and then re-adding it from the Roku Channel store. 

You may also want to get in touch with Vevo and they should be able to look into this further for you. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That hasn't worked for me and I didn't find your attempt at a solution very useful at all. My contract is with you, not Vevo, so please either look into the fault with your service or at least give me something better than the equivalent of 'try switching it on and off again and if that doesn't work, ask someone else'.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User your contract with NOW TV is to watch NOW TV. If the Vevo app on your iPhone wasn't working you wouldn't demand that Apple fixed it. It's the same with the NOW TV box, faults with 3rd party apps need to be reported to their makers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@artesa thank you for your comment. I would go into detail about why you are wrong but I'd rather spend my time doing something useful. With that in mind, I would appreciate it if you or Now TV had anything useful to say yourselves, but please note that I do not need to be lectured on points of law.

If nothing else, my point still stands that @Anonymous User-F's input was less than useful and was akin to a 'fob-off' - I expect better customer service.