cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update has broken composite video

Title says it all the latest update which has removed the sideloading feature has also broken the composite video out feature. Well it works, but now the colours are flickering in and out making it unwatchable for anything. Not cool, not cool at all.

25 REPLIES 25
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I actually dug out my 'white' NOW TV box, so I can confirm what @chai has already reported. The composite video signal works fine!

Sufficed to say, I asked jabuzzard a perfectly reasonable question. Which did not warrant his "What a stupidly dumb question to ask" response!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, go you for being so dedicated and digging out that box.

You really are the top NOWTV boy scout arent you.

F.R.O.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Now who's being rude...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@chai wrote:

Out of interest I dug out my white box , allowed it to upgrade, connected it to a LG CRT, and the picture is the same as always.

So this incompatability between box and TV appears to be device specific, which unfortunately will probably make it harder to resolve.

I also hooked it up to a different CRT just to check and it is bust on that too, so it is almost certainly an issue with the update. Whatever they have done it needs undoing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My composite output works fine but what has changed is that the AV sync problem that has been present for over a year now seems to have gone.  Maybe NowTv will now admit that there was a problem that was not due to using non SKY cables !

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Prior to the newest software update, the white boxes passed all video at 60Hz, including the composite video signal, which was not compatible with all UK televisions.

The recent update now means that all video is passed at 50Hz, including the composite video signal. Which should compatible with all UK televisions. 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use the white box with composite / cry and can confirm it is broken for me as well. U.K. Tv, so 50hz shouldn't be a problem, it kicks in just after titles. Anyone know of a fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same issue - have you found any solutions yet please? The update on two different white boxes on the same to has had the same result!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the make and model of your TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's can't be I was making it up, nothing wrong with composite video on the update in the White NowTV boxes!

Oh wait Sky did actually mess this one up. Unauthorized update to a computing device rending it useless for the legitimate advertised usage.

You appology for basically calling me a liar is awaited.