Highlighted
Contributor 4

Re: Update has broken composite video

Just dug out my older box to use on an old CRT tv.  When I used to use it it was only ever in black and white (I presume it wasn't in pal).  Just updated the box today (wont have been updated for about 6 months) and now its working in colour so all good!

The cable I am using was from an old nokia phone but works grand with the now tv box.

Occasional Poster

I have the same experience as first post and I strongly believe there is an issue with the latest software update that is causing older TVs to display in Black and White having previously showed in perfect colour. I subscribe to Now TV for the benefit of my Dad who only has a Sony CRT TV that was working fine until the latest software update. His tablet is working fine and in full colour. 

I have ruled out everything and have carried out resets etc ( I used to manage IT at work ) and the two white boxes ( I purchased a second box to check it was not his orginal box ) are working perfectly on my Sony Bravia ( non Smart ) using both HDMI and AV cables in full colour. So the latest update is causing some older TVs to display in black and white or flickering colour. Not the AV connection on my Dad's TV either as camera and videos connected display in colour. I am using SKY supplied AV cables

I have raised with Now TV and very patiently await a response and a solution. 

Champion 1

RosChad wrote:

I have the same experience as first post and I strongly believe there is an issue with the latest software update that is causing older TVs to display in Black and White having previously showed in perfect colour.

Hi @RosChad,

If you read @Emexrulsier's post, precisely the opposite occurred. The latest update has made it so the composite video signal is now PAL-I (ie: the colour system used for all analogue TV signals in the UK video since the mid 1960's).

If you're seeing black and white images I suggest you set your analogue TV's colour system to 'Auto'...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer just like you! •

NOW TV Box = Model no: Black box | Software: 7.5.3 Build: 4068-10 | NOW TV app: 3.10.49 • LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 32LN575V | Software: 04.28.14 | OS: NetCast •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.19.2 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

Thanks for your suggestion. I will have to check my Dad's TV manual to see if this is possible and ask him to check what it is set to currently.