cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to stream, buffering constantly.

Ugh this is so frustrating! Trying to watch Game of Thrones on my Now TV box and it's buffering constantly and won't play more than a second or two. The internet test runs fine, I've tried unplugging it and plugging back in, I've tried playing other programmes and I keep getting the same thing. It just keeps spinning, occasionally throwing me back to the Now TV start screen. Really we invested in the Now TV box because the picture quality from the Xbox 360 app was so poor, and we were initially pleased with the quality, but now this! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You could try this

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post

I have emailed you directly regarding this

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also had buffering issues when using NOWTV through AppleTV Box... a periodic momentary stutter.  I now access through a youview box and don't have an issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Nowtv app not working correctly and keeps stuttering and freezing. All other apps working fine without any interruptions such as itv hub and bbcplayer. Done hard reset and checked internet but still problems. Is anyone else having these problems?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

i followed these steps and the problem
still persists for me. I have disconnected everything from the wifi, done a speed test, my box is 4 ft from the wifi router and i followed the above steps!

Is there anything else i can try?
Bea22
Advocate

We're the same. Had our now TV boxes for over a year and no problems until about a month ago and now it goes off in the middle of a programme and starts itself back up again.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Bea22

Hi B ea

My white box started to behave the same as yours after two years of use, that's when I knew it's time was up and now I should buy a new Now TV black box, which I did.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried this solution and still the same problem... buffering every few minutes!!
Have speed tested and followed all other now to advice. Waste of money box and movie package
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
Thanks for getting back to me.
I have the black Roku.

Many thanks
Carolyn
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Provided your 'black' box is receiving a good quality wi-fi signal from your router you should not be encountering much in the way of buffering. Have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Cheers