cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to stream, buffering constantly.

Ugh this is so frustrating! Trying to watch Game of Thrones on my Now TV box and it's buffering constantly and won't play more than a second or two. The internet test runs fine, I've tried unplugging it and plugging back in, I've tried playing other programmes and I keep getting the same thing. It just keeps spinning, occasionally throwing me back to the Now TV start screen. Really we invested in the Now TV box because the picture quality from the Xbox 360 app was so poor, and we were initially pleased with the quality, but now this! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You could try this

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disabling pings did the trick!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happening on my now box since updated thought these improved performance not ruin it?!

Turning off pings helped marginally, all network etc exactly same as before box updated that is the only difference!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the NOW TV Box.

Can you try a Hard Reset and let us know if helps?

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks StuartRogerson. I was having the same buffering issues with my now tv box and you're solution seems to have worked. Very grateful!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have four now tv boxes throughout my home internet is good connection is good but each one of my boxes are constantly buffering I pay mthly for movies and entertainment all boxes are less then6wks old and cant watch anything on any of them..
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to view on your NOW TV Boxes. 

Are you able to try the steps in this link here. It's just a suggestion from another user that may resolve your issue. 

You may want to turn off other devices that are using your Wifi connection. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ... I too are having constant issues with streaming through NOW tv box.  I have connection speed over 6mbps and no other devices used.  My router is 5 foot away with no obstacles.  I have tried the 'disconnect pings' which hasnt helped and tried directly wiring.  Nothing has helped.  I can however connect through the laptop online with absolutley no issue.  It has to be the box.  Help us please?1? cheers chris

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

As you've tried a wired connection it's unlikely to be an issue with the box but more the speeds the box is receiving. 

As your overall speed is 6mbps this could be lower for the box as this speed is shared across all devices on your network.

If you are concerned it's the box you could try buying a new box from our site, the box on it's own is £14.99.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In my secret screen I have one green line but the glitching one is red? How do I sort this out?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nowtv app not working correctly and keeps stuttering and freezing. All other apps working fine without any interruptions such as itv hub and bbcplayer. Done hard reset and checked internet but still problems. Is anyone else having these problems?