cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to stream, buffering constantly.

Ugh this is so frustrating! Trying to watch Game of Thrones on my Now TV box and it's buffering constantly and won't play more than a second or two. The internet test runs fine, I've tried unplugging it and plugging back in, I've tried playing other programmes and I keep getting the same thing. It just keeps spinning, occasionally throwing me back to the Now TV start screen. Really we invested in the Now TV box because the picture quality from the Xbox 360 app was so poor, and we were initially pleased with the quality, but now this! Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
You could try this

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

buffering more than it ever did before nothing using my speed tested 10mb BB so cant see the issue prob the new software at fault ??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.  In case you've not already done it, try rebooting your router and then your box.  It can often do the trick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried that seems ok now maybe just a slow issue between A& B then again still buffering on n off

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Glad to hear that.  Maybe just try moving it slightly, even that can help.  The white box doesn't seem to like confined spacesSmiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its now in direct line / sight of the nowtv [white] box so should work fine?

hopefully lol reset router again too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have followed all the instructions and advice given but sill cannot get it too work. iplayer is the worst as i cannot watch anything for more than 4 seconds and this has been everyday for at least 6 weeks.  the other channels are not too bad.....you can watch them for around 30 seconds before they start to buffer. seriously considering getting rid of this as i dont see the point of paying a subcription each month and not being able to watch it.........any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that this has been going on for that long.

Have you tried to disable network pings? 

Have you restarted your wireless router?

Have you changed your wireless channel on your router?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, i've disabled network pings but it didn't make any difference. i restart the router all the time butthis again makes no difference. im not sure how to change the wireless channel on the router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User who provides your broadband? And are you able to get the make and model of the router from the back? With this information I'm sure somewhere here can provide the correct steps to change the WiFi channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked for me!